blue yeti

ripper101

So I have the Razer Kraken headset and the mic quality probably isn't the most impressive headset out there so I want to upgrade to a dedicated microphone. So I am wondering whether the blue yeti is still the best buy for a 100 dollar microphone. 

EDIT: Also what would be better options if there are any for under 100 dollars

1. Your headset in general isn't the best quality, I owned the Krakens, I really wish I wouldn't have, and wish I never got my current headset either.

2. Do you just kind of look at the most popular products that like youtubers use? The blue yeti was never the best buy for a $100 micro phone, actually, you can get a microphone setup for $50.

NW-800 Microphone

Phantom PSU

Mic Arm

XRL Cable extension

Plus, if you ever need to upgrade your microphone, boom bang pow, you already have everything if you ever get anything fancy

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

4 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

1. Your headset in general isn't the best quality, I owned the Krakens, I really wish I wouldn't have, and wish I never got my current headset either.

2. Do you just kind of look at the most popular products that like youtubers use? The blue yeti was never the best buy for a $100 micro phone, actually, you can get a microphone setup for $50.

NW-800 Microphone

Phantom PSU

Mic Arm

XRL Cable extension

Plus, if you ever need to upgrade your microphone, boom bang pow, you already have everything if you ever get anything fancy

can you link me to a phantom psu and a good arm for usa currency on amazon please

The audio quality on it happens to be really nice.

But yeah, for a full setup... do what DarkBlade2117 recommends

Build: CPU: i5 4690k; Mobo: msi Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 GPU: Sapphire R9 270 Dual X Case: LSP ULTRA ETorque mid-tower ATX PSU: LSP ULTRA 650w SSD: Crucial BX200 240gb HDD: Western Digital Black 1tb RAM: EVGA SuperSC 16 gigs DDR3 (two 8 gig sticks)

2 hours ago, ripper101 said:

either of them work

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Don't bother with a full setup. If you use the mic to talk to your buddies on a VoIP then just get a simple desktop mic. Ignore what the other guy's saying. The blue yeti is a great cardioid mic for a decent price that all you need to do is plug in to work. No drivers, no pain. There's even the cheaper alternative of the blue snowball which would probably even better suit you price wise. I mean there's a reason why many people use Blue products, specifically the yeti. Not to mention I guarantee you'll probably get the same sound from using a yeti or snowball than an oversized wanna-be professional setup. This is coming from someone who does have that oversized wanna-be professional setup for work.

16 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Hey If I wanted a stand that sits on my desk what would one of those be called 

3 hours ago, ripper101 said:

Hey If I wanted a stand that sits on my desk what would one of those be called 

Shock mount? Ya, but Mic Arm's are usually used more often because of how adjustable they are.

Honestly if its just for speaking on Skype or Teamspeak/Mumble/Discord, all this mixer and boom arms aren't worth the hassle. Something like a Blue Snowball (Mentioned already) or an Auna Mic 900 is most probably fine. I managed to pick up a Blue Nessie last week brand new from Amazon.co.uk for £40 delivered, still debating whether to keep it or sell it.

On 8/15/2016 at 2:03 PM, DarkBlade2117 said:

Shock mount? Ya, but Mic Arm's are usually used more often because of how adjustable they are.

no i mean for like putting it on your desk and not a boom mic