Extreme Intel CPU question

What's the difference between 

5960x,6900k and 6950x

CPUs it would help. USAGE? Gaming,video editing and multi-taskings tabs etcs

Don't consider the 5960x over the 6900k, the 6900k will offer better overclocking performance and marginal performance improvements over all cores. The 6900k and 6950x are basically the same /besides/ for the fact that the 6950x has an extra 2 physical cores (20 threads compared to 16) and produces more heat (less overclocking potential). For the applications that need it, like scientific simulations or rendering, the extra cores would help.

But for general use with most applications, and gaming, the 6900k is the best option since you can get higher clocks with the same CPU cooler.

1 minute ago, Aezesel said:

Don't consider the 5960x over the 6900k, the 6900k will offer better overclocking performance and marginal performance improvements over all cores. The 6900k and 6950x are basically the same /besides/ for the fact that the 6950x has an extra 2 physical cores (20 threads compared to 16) and produce more heat (less overclocking potential). For the applications that need it, like scientific simulations or rendering, the extra cores would help.

But for general use with most applications, and gaming, the 6900k is the best option since you can get higher clocks with the same CPU cooler.

Woah thanks the only reason i added 5960x because i have it and would it be worth the upgrade 

Lol, no problem. To be entirely honest, the 6900k will probably not be a huge step up compared to the 5960x... to be fair, you'd probably see about a 10% performance improvement comparatively, if you can sell the 5960x and buy the 6900k at maybe a loss / final cost of $100 then I'd take it.

An extra $600 for two more cores though? No way! Lol. You'd be better off getting a Xeon at that point.

Just now, Aezesel said:

Lol, no problem. To be entirely honest, the 6900k will probably not be a huge step up compared to the 5960x... to be fair, you'd probably see about a 10% performance improvement comparatively, if you can sell the 5960x and buy the 6900k at maybe a loss / final cost of $100 then I'd take it though.

An extra $600 for two cores though? No way! Lol. You'd be better off getting a Xeon at that point.

Lol thanks 

That is... if you're not overclocking, if you're going to be overclocking the 6900k (I'd recommend an AIO or custom cooler on a 240mm dual radiator (liquid cooling)) then you could see somewhere upwards of a %20 improvement.

28 minutes ago, Aezesel said:

That is... if you're not overclocking, if you're going to be overclocking the 6900k (I'd recommend an AIO or custom cooler on a 240mm dual radiator (liquid cooling)) then you could see somewhere upwards of a %20 improvement.

No first ill build my PC like air cooled because its cheaper then ill take it to a guy to custom loop it(Not same day like 2 months or 3)

Because its expensive to order the parts and water cooling from that guy 

Just now, SirBatsy said:

No first ill build my PC like air cooled because its cheaper then ill take it to a guy to custom loop it(Not same day like 2 months or 3)

Because its expensive to order the parts and water cooling from that guy 

Okay, good to know :) like I said then, you could see a %10 - %15 improvement with air cooling.

30 minutes ago, Aezesel said:

And im using Enthoo evolve ATX Tempered glass one