Review this build please

teagansalter
10 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

Windows 8 is 6 bucks cheaper and there's a free 10 upgrade so. And my friend has a hardcore steam game library so I'm just getting enough right now, plus he's not really concerned on startup speed

Getting an SSD has nothing to do with startup speed, as Windows 10's boot time is pretty quick even on a hard drive. The OS is just snappier as a result, and programs load much faster.

9 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

This Intel cpu can't overclock anyway, and is ssd just startup or can I have a ssd and a hhd and how does that work?

Simply plug in both drives into different SATA ports. Install Windows on the SSD, then format the hard drive (not the SSD!) using Disk Management.

6 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

Ok what motherboard would you recommend? 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/T4qrr7 this is the updated list and I need to cut some costs, how can I 

You just need a Z170 board to overclock the i5-6600K. @GDRRiley suggested one in a post. I'd look up guides on how to do this, first.

8 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

This Intel cpu can't overclock anyway, and is ssd just startup or can I have a ssd and a hhd and how does that work?

and thats a i5 6600k and it can overclock so youd be better off get a i5 6600 rater than the k version if you dont plan on overclocking

9 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

Windows 8 is 6 bucks cheaper and there's a free 10 upgrade so. And my friend has a hardcore steam game library so I'm just getting enough right now, plus he's not really concerned on startup speed

He should be, makes your system alot nicer to get up and running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iBhf8rpobo&ab_channel=TheUgster

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

5 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

and thats a i5 6600k and it can overclock so youd be better off get a i5 6600 rater than the k version if you dont plan on overclocking

I would suggest this, but the i5-6600K is actually $10 cheaper on Newegg, right now. You still have to pay for a cooler, but if you hated the stock cooler, then you may be inclined to getting an aftermarket cooler, anyway.

1 minute ago, Kavawuvi said:

I would suggest this, but the i5-6600K is actually $10 cheaper on Newegg, right now. You still have to pay for a cooler, but if you hated the stock cooler, then you'd probably get an aftermarket cooler, anyway.

yeah i just saw that lol. but there is no need for a watercooler.an evo212 would be more than enough if they arent overclocking 

Just know that you won't be overclocking so save a few bucks and get the 6600 non k

Just now, Jack Dvorak said:

Just know that you won't be overclocking so save a few bucks and get the 6600 non k

i would like to overclock tho thats why im asking how can i get a nicer motherboard for overclock

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

yeah i just saw that lol. but there is no need for a watercooler.an evo212 would be more than enough if they arent overclocking 

but i am trying to overclock so thats why i have the watercooling 

Just now, teagansalter said:

but i am trying to overclock so thats why i have the watercooling 

honestly you can still oc with an evo212. you wont get as high of an overclock but its still a really good cooler. get a z170 chipset motherboard if you want to overclock.

4 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

i would like to overclock tho thats why im asking how can i get a nicer motherboard for overclock

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132566&cm_re=intel_z170-_-13-132-566-_-Product

this is a good motherboard for overclocking although its a bit more expensive but its on sale atm

8 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

As I said before, the 6600K is actually $10 cheaper than the 6600 on Newegg, so if you're not planning on using the stock cooler (which is perfectly fine - the Intel stock coolers make more noise than actually cool anything), you should get the 6600K. Yes, you can't overclock it, so you miss out on that, but you still get a far better deal, despite that.

3 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

ok so i added this and my friend is being so stubborn at the moment and he refuses to change the cooler so how can i drop some costs

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/KYgrr7

updated list

do you really need the extra case fan? i mean you are using the h60 so you wont need the airflow over the cpu anyways

6 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

ok so i added this and my friend is being so stubborn at the moment and he refuses to change the cooler so how can i drop some costs

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/KYgrr7

updated list

also the  h60 comes with preapplied thermal compound so you dont necessarily need to buy thermal paste

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

do you really need the extra case fan? i mean you are using the h60 so you wont need the airflow over the cpu anyways

as i said before for some reason hes really temperamental about the whole fan cooling thing so yes the fan is necessary

7 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

As I said before, the 6600K is actually $10 cheaper than the 6600 on Newegg, so if you're not planning on using the stock cooler (which is perfectly fine - the Intel stock coolers make more noise than actually cool anything), you should get the 6600K. Yes, you can't overclock it, so you miss out on that, but you still get a far better deal, despite that.

yes i do have the 6600K right now

22 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

Getting an SSD has nothing to do with startup speed, as Windows 10's boot time is pretty quick even on a hard drive. The OS is just snappier as a result, and programs load much faster.

Simply plug in both drives into different SATA ports. Install Windows on the SSD, then format the hard drive (not the SSD!) using Disk Management.

You just need a Z170 board to overclock the i5-6600K. @GDRRiley suggested one in a post. I'd look up guides on how to do this, first.

it is still a vastly improved startup

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, teagansalter said:

as i said before for some reason hes really temperamental about the whole fan cooling thing so yes the fan is necessary

ok the case fan isnt going to help the cpu cooler at all and the 1060 doesn't run hot so there is no need for the extra case fan. i can see they really want the cpu cooler but the case fan is unnecessary. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/KYgrr7    so now i got everything i need, how can i cut costs and does everything seem in order?

the only places i can think of are the thermal compound the case fan and maybe ram if he doesnt need 16 gigs of it.

4 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

it is still a vastly improved startup

I know. I'm saying that startup time is not the only reason to get an SSD.

5 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

the only places i can think of are the thermal compound the case fan and maybe ram if he doesnt need 16 gigs of it.

maybe a cheaper case or is that a bad idea

maybe a cheaper case or is that a bad idea

not at all. there are plenty of good cases that arent that expensive. you just need to find the right one because there are alot of veration in quality at the same price point the lower you go in cost.