notifications fucked up

GreezyJeezy

so for me notifications are fucked up on chrome, sometimes one wills pop up as new ones, or like it just happens as im typing this it will say i have one then i click and i have no new one, becase there is no new ones

why is the forum lying to me :( 

I have seen this as well, sometimes it will re-notify me after clicking on the notification, also on chrome

Usually when I'm in a topic, didn't bother me so I never mentioned it

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

I have seen this as well, sometimes it will re-notify me after clicking on the notification, also on chrome

Usually when I'm in a topic, didn't bother me so I never mentioned it

best to mention anything so they know about it, even just pming colonel_mortis

2 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

best to mention anything so they know about it, even just pming colonel_mortis

Didn't really think it was a bug tbh, I often click multiple threads in different windows so I assumed it was on my end

But apparently not

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I have noticed this too. But i am not sure why it is happening

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Is the time set correctly on your computer, and has it always been set correctly? If the time has previously been set incorrectly, it may result in anomalous notifications.

What type of notification is it? (Is it a forum flash message in the bottom left, or a browser notification, usually in the bottom right depending on your OS, and what does the text say?)

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is the time set correctly on your computer, and has it always been set correctly? If the time has previously been set incorrectly, it may result in anomalous notifications.

What type of notification is it? (Is it a forum flash message in the bottom left, or a browser notification, usually in the bottom right depending on your OS, and what does the text say?)

Nah and it's just the 1 by the bell 

6 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Nah and it's just the 1 by the bell 

Can you open the dev tools using F12 and switch to the console tab, then enter

ips.utils.db.get( 'notifications', ips.getSetting('baseURL') );
ips.utils.time.timestamp()

Pressing enter in between them. Each one should print something to the console - copy them both, and paste them here.

HTTP/2 203

17 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Can you open the dev tools using F12 and switch to the console tab, then enter

ips.utils.db.get( 'notifications', ips.getSetting('baseURL') );
ips.utils.time.timestamp()

Pressing enter in between them. Each one should print something to the console - copy them both, and paste them here.

Object {timestamp: 1471098317640, messages: "0", notifications: "0"}
notifications
:"0"
timestamp
:1471098317640

Does this happen regularly, or has it just happened once (or every page load for a period of time)?

HTTP/2 203

34 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Does this happen regularly, or has it just happened once (or every page load for a period of time)?

Randomly. Just noticed it after I posted it but since then it's happened a lot. Doesn't matter what page I'm on.  Had to do it on the index. On topics. On profiles

And I have not had this happen on mobile 

1 hour ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Randomly. Just noticed it after I posted it but since then it's happened a lot. Doesn't matter what page I'm on.  Had to do it on the index. On topics. On profiles

And I have not had this happen on mobile 

Is it there immediately when you launch the page, or does it only appear later?

HTTP/2 203

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is it there immediately when you launch the page, or does it only appear later?

Later and it can be multiple times. Some times right when you click on it it will show as knew again and other times it can happen later or not at all. 

Seems random to me. It's never when I'm doing an action.

I can be in theology not even moving my mouse.  Or I can be scrolling or typing

51 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Later and it can be multiple times. Some times right when you click on it it will show as knew again and other times it can happen later or not at all. 

Seems random to me. It's never when I'm doing an action.

I can be in theology not even moving my mouse.  Or I can be scrolling or typing

Can you open the dev tools before loading the page, and switch to the network tab, then load the page and wait for the number to update. When the number updates, there will hopefully be a request very close to the bottom of the list that contains ?app=core&module=system&controller=ajax&do=instantNotifications in the URL - can you click it, and screenshot the response and/or preview tabs, and post it here (if the tab contains text only, just copy & paste it).

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Can you open the dev tools before loading the page, and switch to the network tab, then load the page and wait for the number to update. When the number updates, there will hopefully be a request very close to the bottom of the list that contains ?app=core&module=system&controller=ajax&do=instantNotifications in the URL - can you click it, and screenshot the response and/or preview tabs, and post it here (if the tab contains text only, just copy & paste it).

im too high for that shit fam, what you want me to do

20 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

im too high for that shit fam, what you want me to do

1. Press F12
  2. Switch to the network tab in the developer tools that open
  3. Load a new page
  4. Once the notification count has increased, look at the entries near the bottom of the list for the last item that contains app=core&module=system&controller=ajax&do=instantNotifications
  5. If there is nothing like that, please tell me, then stop following these instructions. Otherwise, click it. A new pane should appear.
  6. In the new pane, click the response tab. If it's text, please copy it all and paste it here; if not, expand all nodes and screenshot it, then post the screenshot here.

HTTP/2 203

On 8/14/2016 at 3:01 PM, colonel_mortis said:
  1. Press F12
  2. Switch to the network tab in the developer tools that open
  3. Load a new page
  4. Once the notification count has increased, look at the entries near the bottom of the list for the last item that contains app=core&module=system&controller=ajax&do=instantNotifications
  5. If there is nothing like that, please tell me, then stop following these instructions. Otherwise, click it. A new pane should appear.
  6. In the new pane, click the response tab. If it's text, please copy it all and paste it here; if not, expand all nodes and screenshot it, then post the screenshot here.

IDK the instructions don't seem to be doing that anymore 

On 16/08/2016 at 4:08 AM, GreezyJeezy said:

IDK the instructions don't seem to be doing that anymore 

Does that mean that you are no longer able to reproduce the issue?

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Does that mean that you are no longer able to reproduce the issue?

well it was noting i could ever reproduce becase it was random.

but yes i dont have the issue anymore