is world of war craft f2p?

brownninja97

Ive seen some adverts saying that its free but im not sure whether i should trust them. Any ideas.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Up till level 20 then you have to pay for the membership. Then DLC is purchased too.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It is not Pay2Win. WoW is Grind2Win.

It is free till level 40. However, at 40 you cant really do anything. You can upgrade to Wrath of the Lich King for $5. Which can get you to level 80. Then $10 for cataclysm that will get you to level 85. Then Mists of Pandaria for $19.99 to get to level 90 which isnthe current max level.

It is not Pay2Win. WoW is Grind2Win.

It is free till level 40. However, at 40 you cant really do anything. You can upgrade to Wrath of the Lich King for $5. Which can get you to level 80. Then $10 for cataclysm that will get you to level 85. Then Mists of Pandaria for $19.99 to get to level 90 which isnthe current max level.

That's not correct at all. It's not grind to win, you can grind for specific items but they're nowhere near being the best items in the game. Once you have a raiding guild you'll only need to play for 10h a week or so. The same is true for PvP, once you have a team/guild you won't have to play that much. If you don't have the skill/chedule for raiding/arenas/rankedBGs then no matter how much you grind, even if you grind 16h a day, your equipment will not be even close to being the best.

You can get a free trial that lasts for 10 days and let's you level till you're lvl 20. After the free trial ends/if you want to lvl past 20 you buy the battlechest for 15€, which gets you vanilla+BC+WotlK, allowing you to get to lvl 80 and giving you a free month to play. The Cataclysm expansion costs 5€ and lets you get to 85, and the Mists of Pandaria costs 35€ and lets you get to 90. They put MoP and Battlechest on discount recently, so I don't think they'll do it anytime soon.

For each expansion you can get a free trial, so if you bought the battlechest and your free month ends you can get 10 extra days to try Cataclysm (the max level remains at 80 though). After you buy cataclysm you can get the 10 day MoP trial, which lets you try MoP but still doesn't let you level past 85. If you want to level past 85 you'll need to buy MoP, and if the free game time runs out you'll have to pay 13€ per month to keep playing.

So, basically you do it in this order:

Free:

free 10 days, max level 20, extremely limited.

Battlechest (15€):

free 1 month, max level 80, WotLK.

Cataclysm Trial:

free 10 days, max level 80, Cataclysm.

Cataclysm expansion (5€):

free 0 days, max level 85, Cataclysm.

Pandaria Trial:

free 10 days, max level 85, Pandaria.

So far you'll have paid 20€, gotten free 60 days and up to level 85. After that it'll be much more expensive:

Pandaria expansion (35€):

free 0 days, max level 90, Pandaria.

1 month of play (13€):

Let's you play for one month.

~SNIP~

This guy knows his WoW

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

You flatter me, but tbh I checked the free trial wiki page for the details.

http://www.wowwiki.com/10-day_Free_Trial

This guy knows his Google.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

That's not correct at all. It's not grind to win, you can grind for specific items but they're nowhere near being the best items in the game. Once you have a raiding guild you'll only need to play for 10h a week or so. The same is true for PvP, once you have a team/guild you won't have to play that much. If you don't have the skill/chedule for raiding/arenas/rankedBGs then no matter how much you grind, even if you grind 16h a day, your equipment will not be even close to being the best.

You can get a free trial that lasts for 10 days and let's you level till you're lvl 20. After the free trial ends/if you want to lvl past 20 you buy the battlechest for 15€, which gets you vanilla+BC+WotlK, allowing you to get to lvl 80 and giving you a free month to play. The Cataclysm expansion costs 5€ and lets you get to 85, and the Mists of Pandaria costs 35€ and lets you get to 90. They put MoP and Battlechest on discount recently, so I don't think they'll do it anytime soon.

For each expansion you can get a free trial, so if you bought the battlechest and your free month ends you can get 10 extra days to try Cataclysm (the max level remains at 80 though). After you buy cataclysm you can get the 10 day MoP trial, which lets you try MoP but still doesn't let you level past 85. If you want to level past 85 you'll need to buy MoP, and if the free game time runs out you'll have to pay 13€ per month to keep playing.

So, basically you do it in this order:

Free:

free 10 days, max level 20, extremely limited.

Battlechest (15€):

free 1 month, max level 80, WotLK.

Cataclysm Trial:

free 10 days, max level 80, Cataclysm.

Cataclysm expansion (5€):

free 0 days, max level 85, Cataclysm.

Pandaria Trial:

free 10 days, max level 85, Pandaria.

So far you'll have paid 20€, gotten free 60 days and up to level 85. After that it'll be much more expensive:

Pandaria expansion (35€):

free 0 days, max level 90, Pandaria.

1 month of play (13€):

Let's you play for one month.

I am paying for 3 WoW accounts right now for me and my brothers... Raiding with guilds for items and valor points IS grinding. You do it over and over to get your gear or buy them in quartermaster. PvP to get Conquest for the best gears IS also grinding... And it is free for unlimited time till level 40 they changed that awhile back. Also you can play as Pandaren with free account, just not monk class or expansion classes like Death Knights.

If you dont know what you are talking about then dont pretend you do. I dont google my facts.

why would you pay to grind, am I the only one who see's this as a massive waste of money?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

why would you pay to grind, am I the only one who see's this as a massive waste of money?

It is a massive waste of time and money yea. But hey...

Why is it pay to grind? The last 3 months I played it I didn't grind for one second. One of the main reasons why WoW has been doing so well is because it caters to different people's needs, and while some people do like to grind it's not necessary or even encouraged to do so. With pandaria you can even just log on to play wow-farmville or wow-pokemon if that's your thing.

No, i think it's $15 (us) per month. If you want a good MMORPG, I'd go play lotro or GW2. From what i've heard, WOW is somewhat dead.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)