What GTX 1070 to buy?!

Hello everyone,

I'm building a new rig and have decided to buy a GTX 1070. Mainly used to 4k gaming and modeling programs.

Although I've seen some reviews on youtube and other tech sites, I can't decide which one of them to buy.

I'm stuck betweeen this ones:
- Gigabyte's G1 Gaming;

- Zotac's AMP Entusiast;

- Asus Strix Gaming; 

Also have the possibility to buy from MSI and EVGA, but they're not in my top 3 right now.

Which one should I buy? Zotac's AMP Extreme seems stronger and cooler (in both ways haha) than AMP Entusiast, and G1 Gaming's cooler than both and with boost cloking between them.

People say about Asus Strix and that i'ts performance is much superior.
Well, help me if you can and leave your opinion below :D!

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Yuri Castilho.

A 1070 is not gonna be enough for decent 4k gaming.  A 1080 is better but still not perfect for 4k.  But it's really up to you, which cooler design/features you like/want.  The Strix has RGB leds if I'm not mistaken and maybe the G1 Gaming does too.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

All the custom GPU's perform and overclock about the same. Its mostly silicon lottery and not the cooler. However if you want to get absolutely extreme overclocks and temperatures the MSI Sea Hawk AIO might be your best bet. I personally Have the GTX 1070 Gigabyte G1 Gaming And it works quite well, I can overclock it to up to 2050 mhz on the core and +500 on the Memory, all at a maxmium load temperature of around 66C. So pick whatever card you like better cosmetically.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

1 minute ago, Gamessys said:

A 1070 is not gonna be enough for decent 4k gaming.  A 1080 is better but still not perfect for 4k.  But it's really up to you, which cooler design/features you like/want.  The Strix has RGB leds if I'm not mistaken and maybe the G1 Gaming does too.

Yes it has RGB leds on the Gigabyte and Fan Stop Logo on the front.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

I have a Zotac AMP! Edition and it's been great so far.  I have my 1070 on a 55" 4k @ 60hz and it's been able to run quite a few games at middle settings.  At 4K, you don't really need anti aliasing and some of that stuff which helps.

Both the AMP! Edition and AMP! Extreme are RGB as well.

Also, what is the AMP Enthusiast? Did I miss something?

21 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

Well you're absolutelly right. But I have no GPU at the moment and this is the top my budget can cover hehehe.
Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Heavygun1450 said:

All the custom GPU's perform and overclock about the same. Its mostly silicon lottery and not the cooler. However if you want to get absolutely extreme overclocks and temperatures the MSI Sea Hawk AIO might be your best bet. I personally Have the GTX 1070 Gigabyte G1 Gaming And it works quite well, I can overclock it to up to 2050 mhz on the core and +500 on the Memory, all at a maxmium load temperature of around 66C. So pick whatever card you like better cosmetically.

Thanks for sharing! Well, I'm not searching for the best GPU to overclock, but just made some points that the reviews made me think. The G1 Gaming is the cheapest that I can get right now here in Brazil.
Thanks again, cheers!

28 minutes ago, roMi_vk said:

gtx 1070 phoenix is the best ;)

We absolutely doesn't have this in Brazil hahahaha

11 minutes ago, YuriCastilho said:

Well you're absolutelly right. But I have no GPU at the moment and this is the top my budget can cover hehehe.
Thanks!

Then it's just up to what features you want and whichever design you prefer.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

35 minutes ago, JJBTEXAS said:

I have a Zotac AMP! Edition and it's been great so far.  I have my 1070 on a 55" 4k @ 60hz and it's been able to run quite a few games at middle settings.  At 4K, you don't really need anti aliasing and some of that stuff which helps.

Both the AMP! Edition and AMP! Extreme are RGB as well.

Also, what is the AMP Enthusiast? Did I miss something?

Wow that's 55'' sounds great!

The best price I can get is the G1 Gaming and the Zotac is right after. And I think the AMP! (normal) is the Enthusiast (2 coolers).

Thanks for sharing!

35 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

Then it's just up to what features you want and whichever design you prefer.

Thanks again! Looking foward to get it!