Building a new PC, need your insight.

Howdy,

I've built my first custom PC exactly 3 years ago and now I'm thinking of giving it to my wife, meaning that I'm going to build a new one and I'd like your insight.
Here's the PC I'm giving:

Case: Zalman z11 Plus
Motherboard: Asus z87 Gryphon
CPU: Intel i7 4770k (OC to 4.1GHz)

RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 970 (bought it 2 years later after selling my 770)

PSU: FSP Raider 600
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo

Now, I'd like to build a more powerful machine, something that can hold at least 60 fps on a Ultrawide monitor (3440x1440) with G-Sync.
Here are my thoughts:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D (I love the simple and elegant style, if you know a similar case please do tell)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (should I wait for Intel's Kaby Lake or this should do?)

CPU: Intel i7 5820k (Same as above, should I wait for the 7th generation?)

RAM: Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4 3400MHz (Corsair Vengance, HyperX, G.Skill, if they're better options)
Graphics Card: Palit Jetstream GTX 1080

CPU Cooler: No idea for this case.
PSU: No clue yet.

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro

Note: This will be an air cooled system, except for the CPU.
Note 2: This PC will be mainly used for gaming, video editing and streaming.

So what do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

The 970 isnt from 2013 tough, thats the 770 year :p. Honestly, yeah you could wait for the 7th generation, but why not get a 6700K instead of the 5820K? Its way better for gaming, since single-threaded performance vastly outpasses the 6800K and even 6950X (without oc's of course, but you can also oc the 6700K). You could try and get an EK waterblock for a FE 1080 or a 1080 Hybrid for great acustics and cooling performance, if you want some really cool memory you could go for Dominator Platinum sticks from Corsair. Cpu cooler, why air cooled and not maybe a H110I-H115I from Corsair? A custom waterloop is also an option in the end if you want to EK style and dont hear fan noises (I really dont know about Air cooling :/). Maybe a AX760I or similar from EVGA-Corsair. 

Groomlake Authority

Yeah, I sold my 770 for a 970 2 years later, I forgot to mention that the CPU will be water cooled indeed, I'll change the first post.
Thanks for your input so far, I'll check the gear you suggested.