Which pc is better??

2 minutes ago, elpiop said:

ah yes watching windows boot up on my laptop hdd is almost as fun as watching paint dry

so yep i have the patience and i can wait 1 minute until my pc boots up

Main rig aka "Spatra"

cpu :Amd athlon x2    gpu:Palit gt 640  hdd:some toshiba hard drive that might die soon озу :4 gb case:some case from delux with custom paint

phones:  main one philips s396 backup samsung sgh-d780

23 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Probably the faster CPU, they're forgetting that the 1150 socket is dead. 

The 2nd build is the one with the 6400 and rx 480, not the first build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

15 minutes ago, linushellskitchentips said:

yep but you can live without the tiny increase in booting speed

"Tiny increase"

My boot time went from 20~ secs to less than 7 secs going from my HDD to SSD. Also, having games load fast is really nice. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, nicholasfmathison said:

Ok and is it better to shut down your computer, or keep it on sleep during the day. Because I am on it on and off during the day.

only shut down the pc cause slepping pc drains a lot more electricity

Main rig aka "Spatra"

cpu :Amd athlon x2    gpu:Palit gt 640  hdd:some toshiba hard drive that might die soon озу :4 gb case:some case from delux with custom paint

3 minutes ago, linushellskitchentips said:

nope the bast way is two hdds

15 minutes ago, linushellskitchentips said:

yep but you can live without the tiny increase in booting speed

you have to be joking right? SSD's are basically a must now. If you want any sort of snappiness to your system and not have it hang every time to try to launch a program.

Most people opt for a 240 GB SSD and put a HDD in later on... Or put one in from your old system/laptop/laying around in external storage.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

"Tiny increase"

My boot time went from 20~ secs to less than 7 secs going from my HDD to SSD. Also, having games load fast is really nice. 

and for me that is a tiny increase cause i can wait until my pc boots up

Main rig aka "Spatra"

Just now, linushellskitchentips said:

and for me that in a tiny increase cause i can wait until my pc boots up

Just because it's good enough for you doesn't mean it's good enough for him. Having an SSD just speeds everything up and with the prices of SSDs going down it doesn't make sense for a new build to not have one if the budget allows, which it does. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

"Tiny increase"

and i can wait until the games boot up since unlike most modern people im used to having to wait patiantly

Main rig aka "Spatra"

cause i started my pc history from pentium 4 mobile laptop of a bussiness class from hp with 512 megs of ram

Main rig aka "Spatra"

3 minutes ago, nicholasfmathison said:

This is all really confusing me. So which one is better?

of the two you posted, the second one. it has newer and better hardware. take a look at the other build that was posted on the first page, as i think that is perhaps a slightly better option than the second one you listed

1 minute ago, nicholasfmathison said:

The 2nd one. There was some confusion between the 2nd build and the 1st build earlier. Since your budget is $700, i'd recommend you to get a 240gb ssd or a gtx 1060(performs slightly better than the 480).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, linushellskitchentips said:

only shut down the pc cause slepping pc drains a lot more electricity

My guess is that you have never used a SSD in your main rig?... You have to be a troll. Just went through your history in posting. Every thread you try and talk shit on SSD's. They are the way forward. Its not "Just when you start the PC".

Its EVERY time you do anything on the PC from web browsing to editing to even the very basic of searching your PC for a file. Without a SSD. You will hang longer then a 256mb internet connection on YouTube.

When it comes to games HDD dont matter as much. But in everyday activity its essential if you want a "smooth" system.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

1 minute ago, linushellskitchentips said:

cause i started my pc history from pentium 4 mobile laptop of a bussiness class from hp with 512 megs of ram

and cause i started from that laptop im not gust burguing on the  newest and the greatest

so ye i the result im used to patience and can wait until everything boots up

Main rig aka "Spatra"

Just now, Mcmole said:

My guess is that you have never used a SSD in your main rig?... You have to be a troll. Just went through your history in posting. Every thread you try and talk shit on SSD's. They are the way forward. Its not "Just when you start the PC".

Its EVERY time you do anything on the PC from web browsing to editing to even the very basic of searching your PC for a file. Without a SSD. You will hang longer then a 256mb internet connection on YouTube.

When it comes to games HDD dont matter as much. But in everyday activity its essential if you want a "smooth" system.

i can wait so ye for me ssd is a pointless investment aswell as for many people since if you would live in belarus where people dont just waste money on the newest and greatest stuff and start from small always heating laptop you would understand me

Main rig aka "Spatra"

10 minutes ago, nicholasfmathison said:

Please ignore the guy saying SSD's are unless.

The build with the I5 6400 is the better one. Its on a newer platform, got a faster GPU and a better PSU unit. However please have a look at this build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($249.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Cooler Master 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($68.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $725.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 04:02 EDT-0400

Like I said, Its a better build for $20 more.

However if you have to get the second build you posted try looking at the GTX 1060, you can get one for the same price as that RX480 and will give you about 10% performance increase.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

and thats why im hating on people who just try to spend to much on the latest and greatest stuff since ye money is not just a bunch of papers

its the stuff you should spend only on the most important parts of live like food for example

so what im trying to say is thatt you can just live with slow pc

Main rig aka "Spatra"

2 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

Please ignore the guy saying SSD's are unless.

The build with the I5 6400 is the better one. Its on a newer platform, got a faster GPU and a better PSU unit. However please have a look at this build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($249.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Cooler Master 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($68.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $725.60
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 04:02 EDT-0400

Like I said, Its a better build for $20 more.

However if you have to get the second build you posted try looking at the GTX 1060, you can get one for the same price as that RX480 and will give you about 10% performance increase.

How much better is yours than the second one?

so ye just try living like people in belarus for atleast a week with just a slow pentium 4 laptop

Main rig aka "Spatra"

3 minutes ago, linushellskitchentips said:

i can wait so ye for me ssd is a pointless investment aswell as for many people since if you would live in belarus where people dont just waste money on the newest and greatest stuff and start from small always heating laptop you would understand me

SSD's are not the "Latest and greatest", They have been around for over 7 years. just because you have to and can "use" something does not mean you must force everyone else buying a new system to miss out on things that are now considered essential for a system.

Please stop going around spreading misinformation and giving people with less knowledge about PC's bad advice, As you can see from this thread you confused the living daylights out of this guy for no reason. The answer was simple. Second build is better.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

I edited the 2nd build to better fit your $700 budget.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: AMD Radeon R3 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.54 @ NCIX US) so that you can store a few slow-loading games/apps(120gb runs out pretty fast)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($249.99 @ SuperBiiz) if you can wait for stock to arrive. Otherwise, get the 480.
Case: Thermaltake Versa H23  ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $703.26
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 04:09 EDT-0400

2 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

SSD's are not the "Latest and greatest", They have been around for over 7 years. just because you have to and can "use" something does not mean you must force everyone else buying a new system to miss out on things that are now considered essential for a system.

Please stop going around spreading misinformation and giving people with less knowledge about PC's bad advice, As you can see from this thread you confused the living daylights out of this guy for no reason. The answer was simple. Second build is better.

well ye you americans just waste the money on the stuff like theres just no stuff more important than the new fancy ultra fast pc

Main rig aka "Spatra"

6 minutes ago, nicholasfmathison said:

How much better is yours than the second one?

Well when it comes to pure gaming performance Its around the 10-15% mark, When it comes to reliable parts(PSU and SSD) and good features like a much better case and better overall snappyness with the SSD...  its a much better overall system.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler