Which pc is better??

10 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

The rosewill quark is better btw, tier 2 in @STRMfrmXMN psu tier list.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, linushellskitchentips said:

well ye you americans just waste the money on the stuff like theres just no stuff more important than the new fancy ultra fast pc

What part of Sydney Australia under my Profile Pic Makes you think I'm an American that "Likes wasting money".

Here in Australia we actually pay more then you for our parts. So stop with the hate and walk away slowly from this thread.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Just now, Mcmole said:

What part of Sydney Australia under my Profile Pic Makes you think I'm an American that "Likes wasting money".

Here in Australia we actually pay more then you for our parts. So stop with the hate and walk away slowly from this thread.

pc2.PNG

try to live with a thing like that for atleast a week

Main rig aka "Spatra"

cpu :Amd athlon x2    gpu:Palit gt 640  hdd:some toshiba hard drive that might die soon озу :4 gb case:some case from delux with custom paint

phones:  main one philips s396 backup samsung sgh-d780

im living with that shity pc for already 2 years and complaining only about graphics card performance

Main rig aka "Spatra"

cpu :Amd athlon x2    gpu:Palit gt 640  hdd:some toshiba hard drive that might die soon озу :4 gb case:some case from delux with custom paint

so ye you can live with a slow pc you just have to gust get used to the slowness of it and i dont need more than hdd speed in storage performance

Main rig aka "Spatra"

3 minutes ago, nicholasfmathison said:

Very old cpu, not worth it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, nicholasfmathison said:

I really really would stress not to go with AMD ATM for gaming, You have the budget to get @herman mcpootis

build, Its a much better more "future proof" build. It has a much stronger CPU and will perform better in games.

Honestly @herman mcpootis

has done the best build here, shaving off the extra 20$ I added whilst still giving you that extra performance. Go with him on this on... Just dont go AMD or your first build.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

1 minute ago, Mcmole said:

I really really would stress not to go with AMD ATM for gaming, You have the budget to get @herman mcpootis

build, Its a much better more "future proof" build. It has a much stronger CPU and will perform better in games.

Honestly @herman mcpootis

has done the best build here, shaving off the extra 20$ I added whilst still giving you that extra performance. Go with him on this on... Just dont go AMD or your first build.

Thank you for your honest and non-biased input. Ahem (cough) linus (cough)

16 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

I edited the 2nd build to better fit your $700 budget.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: AMD Radeon R3 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.54 @ NCIX US) so that you can store a few slow-loading games/apps(120gb runs out pretty fast)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($249.99 @ SuperBiiz) if you can wait for stock to arrive. Otherwise, get the 480.
Case: Thermaltake Versa H23  ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $703.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 04:09 EDT-0400

Get that one OP. Its the best price to performance here. even beating out mine.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

Get that one OP. Its the best price to performance here. even beating out mine.

lets just countiue that disput about ssd in the messages

Main rig aka "Spatra"

1 minute ago, linushellskitchentips said:

lets just countiue that disput about ssd in the messages

Lets Not.

I have stated my opinion. Your welcome to voice yours (as you have....) But I've heard enough and can see no further point debating such an "issue".

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

I am buying everything on amazon, except for the video card, is there a cheaper video card that wont downgrade the system too much?

On amazon

Just now, nicholasfmathison said:

I am buying everything on amazon, except for the video card, is there a cheaper video card that wont downgrade the system too much?

On amazon

Next best thing would be the RX 480, Have a look at those prices, Its about 10-15% slower, but you get 2 GB VRAM extra as a trade off.

The case is not as good as mine, In-fact its a bit to big for your motherboard, (Micro-ATX motherboard , Full ATX tower.) However it will do the job and its not the worst case in the world. I would try and find a Micro ATX case for the same price with USB 3 if possible though.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

Next best thing would be the RX 480, Have a look at those prices, Its about 10-15% slower, but you get 2 GB VRAM extra as a trade off.

The case is not as good as mine, In-fact its a bit to big for your motherboard, (Micro-ATX motherboard , Full ATX tower.) However it will do the job and its not the worst case in the world. I would try and find a Micro ATX case for the same price with USB 3 if possible though.

What could I downgrade in order to get a better graphics card? or how could I make this build cheaper?

13 minutes ago, nicholasfmathison said:

What could I downgrade in order to get a better graphics card? or how could I make this build cheaper?

If you really think you won't need more than 120gb, you can get a 120gb ssd instead of a 240gb to shave off $20-30 for the build. You can also get the fractal design core 1100 for $3 less from newegg. You can get a cheaper psu instead of the quark(highly unrecommended, the quark is top-notch for $55). Alternatively you can look for used parts like a used r9 390(eats more power) or a used case, lga 1155/1150 i5/i7/xeon+mobo in decent condition instead.

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

If you really think you won't need more than 120gb, you can get a 120gb ssd instead of a 240gb to shave off $20-30 for the build. You can also get the fractal design core 1100 for $3 less from newegg. You can get a cheaper psu instead of the quark(highly unrecommended, the quark is top-notch for $55). Alternatively you can look for used parts like a used r9 390(eats more power) or a used case, lga 1155/1150 i5/i7/xeon+mobo in decent condition instead.

Thank you, does any 120gb work?

1 minute ago, nicholasfmathison said:

Thank you, does any 120gb work?

Avoid the kingston v300, and check reviews before you pull the trigger. But otherwise yes.

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

Avoid the kingston v300, and check reviews before you pull the trigger. But otherwise yes.

Ok thank you so much

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Its ok to have a mini atx motherboard in a regular atx case right?

3 minutes ago, nicholasfmathison said:

Its ok to have a mini atx motherboard in a regular atx case right?

Perfectly fine, just that it might look alittle small in the case.