Help! I spilled milk onto my number pad!

Chaos_Sorcerer

Not really your average discussion...but please help..I pried open the keyboard (an Azio L70), but I couldn't find anything...but I can still clearly see milk at the bottom of the pad...please help...what should I do?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

1 minute ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Not really your average discussion...but please help..I pried open the keyboard (an Azio L70), but I couldn't find anything...but I can still clearly see milk at the bottom of the pad...please help...what should I do?

Clean the board through out with a rag with rubbing alcohol on it then let it dry and should be good as new.

1 hour ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

take the keys off and just use some paper towels to clean it up

• CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

1 minute ago, KearneyMC said:

take the keys off and just use some paper towels to clean it up

Problem  is....it's not a normal switch keyboard....I can't really take the keys off...

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

2 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Problem  is....it's not a normal switch keyboard....I can't really take the keys off...

What switches?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

What switches?

Don't really know...oh...it says "rubber dome"...

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

oh...it says "rubber dome"...

Good news: Your keyboard is going to be fine, just hang it up and let it dry out or find some way to dry it.

Bad news: A lot of ppl here are gonna look down upon you for not having a mechanical keyboard, and they're gonna tell you your keyboard sucks and is terrible. Also, hand over your MCMR card if you had one.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

25 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Don't really know...oh...it says "rubber dome"...

You can take the keys off. Because its rubber dome, you'll just be able to wipe the rubber off

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

8 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

Good news: Your keyboard is going to be fine, just hang it up and let it dry out or find some way to dry it.

Bad news: A lot of ppl here are gonna look down upon you for not having a mechanical keyboard, and they're gonna tell you your keyboard sucks and is terrible. Also, hand over your MCMR card if you had one.

I know...I'm going to upgrade to a K70 on Black Friday...please don't shit on me...this was only temporary. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

I know...I'm going to upgrade to a K70 on Black Friday...please don't shit on me...this was only temporary. 

That's the joke tho... spill milk on the mechanical and... well, then you're actually in trouble lol. I'm of the belief that if ppl are happy with rubber dome keyboards, then just let em be happy... I wouldn't even have upgraded from a G11 after like 9 years of service if the LEDs hadn't started flickering. But was it really an upgrade if I can only expect it to last up to the next spill on it? Imagine 9 years of never spilling some drink or other mishap... For all the talk of using mech keyboards as a weapons, I doubt it would live through the blood splatter after being used as a weapon.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

23 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

That's the joke tho... spill milk on the mechanical and... well, then you're actually in trouble lol. I'm of the belief that if ppl are happy with rubber dome keyboards, then just let em be happy... I wouldn't even have upgraded from a G11 after like 9 years of service if the LEDs hadn't started flickering. But was it really an upgrade if I can only expect it to last up to the next spill on it? Imagine 9 years of never spilling some drink or other mishap... For all the talk of using mech keyboards as a weapons, I doubt it would live through the blood splatter after being used as a weapon.

Common misconception Rubber dome keyboards fail just like Mech's do with spills. It all depends on how much was spilled. I would also say that milk is the worst, because it takes time to turn and get funky. After that its game over. So clean and dry everything you can. Hope fore the best. If not just trash it and pick up another cheapo from walmart.