Just got a DeathAdder Chroma and experienced 3-4 freezes already

Hi,

I got my Chroma delivered about an hour and a half ago. I connected it immediately, updated Synapse and imported old settings from a DeathAdder 3.5G. Played some Overwatch (and noticed the new sensor is no better than that on the 3.5G except for DPI, which isn't a bad thing). In the last 3 minutes of gameplay, the cursor froze 3 or 4 times for half a sec. Basically, it was like I didn't have a mouse in those few seconds.

I'd like to know, since it's new - should I have it replaced (it's a "Recertified" mouse), or is it just a software glitch with the driver?

"recertified" could play a role in it, but try to lower the polling rate, high refresh rate eats cpu too much

4 minutes ago, Tom is a Door said:

"recertified" could play a role in it, but try to lower the polling rate, high refresh rate eats cpu too much

That should not matter at all with modern cpus. I had razer deathadder (2012 version) with Quad core Q8300 (2.66Ghz) amd ddr2 ram and i had no freezes. No issues with any of my mice ever. So its not the settings for sure. Its the mouse. 

OP return it and get new one.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 hours ago, Thony said:

That should not matter at all with modern cpus. I had razer deathadder (2012 version) with Quad core Q8300 (2.66Ghz) amd ddr2 ram and i had no freezes. No issues with any of my mice ever. So its not the settings for sure. Its the mouse. 

OP return it and get new one.

I've uninstalled the Synapse driver and restarted. Haven't gamed yet but I've been using it on the desktop for 2 hours and haven't noticed a freeze. Will give it another go at a gaming session and then I'll decide.

Edit: Played 2 comp games of Overwatch (about 40 mins overall). Zero freezes so far. :)