Winter PC Build for College!

So I've already built myself two killer setup's in the past. And I've given them away to my younger sibling and my fiancee. So I've decided to build myself something nice. Not TOO overkill, but enough to look pretty and bite a little.

But I have encountered some problems with my build. I wouldn't actually say problems...I'd say questions. And if anyone is willing to help me that'd be great.

So let's get started.

The build consists of a CPU that I got from a prebuilt last November.

And I'll be using my old HardDrive. Wiping it, and putting a new OS on it of course.

So this is what I've come up with. 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mwcCzM
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mwcCzM/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($96.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($68.14 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Glossy White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: NZXT HALE82 V2 700W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1326.84

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-08 11:38 EDT-0400

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is why I've chosen what I have chosen. I am not looking for the MOST KILLER gaming PC at this time. I want to let it blossom into a good rig over time.

CPU: So the CPU is one that I already own from a previous rig and have decided to cut costs and use it in this build. For the purpose is to Stream on Twitch as well as Youtube and some video editing and rendering. This CPU is overclockable and I am currently deciding on how high of a clock speed I would feel comfortable with.

CPU Cooling System: So the Corsair H100i has gotten killer reviews for it's overall liquid cooling component. So overclocking my build would be a great benefit with the Water Cooling Method instead of basic Airflow components.

Motherboard: Personally I've chosen this board mainly for the Aesthetics of it. My goal is to have a White/Black build with more White, but it is a 970 series board and was mainly good for gaming itself. Regardless if it's not the 990X or 990FX boards, DDR4 is not present in AMD's line of product yet so DDR3 970A will be fine for the time being.

RAM/Memory: The RAM color is for complete Aesthetics, but I like how "Spec Ops" it is with it's minimalistic design and having 16GB of DDR3-1866 RAM speed will be perfect for what I have in store for this build.

HDD: This Toshiba Hard Drive is from my old build and still has not done me wrong yet, It has been slower due to the load on it right now but will be wiped and retethered to factory base model for OS download. This also cut's costs for me and I can always expand from 1TB.

SSD: So I have decided to get an SSD of 250GB due to me having to Render and Edit, as well as Stream some games. This cut's down time and gives me the ability to perform other projects throughout my day, instead of sitting on my computer for hours.

GPU: So I've decided to use the majority of the budget in this build on TWO Asus GeForce GTX 970's in 2-Way SLI/Crossfire what have you. Being clocked at 4GB is MORE than enough for gaming and my work. 

Case: This case is purely for aesthetics and I like cases with a minimalist design, Im not a fan of the whole Transformers look on a case. Corsair is also a good example - I.E Corsair 450D/750D/900D

PSU: Now the white is aesthetically pleasing but at 700w 80+ bronze it does the work that I need for now and future upgrades.

This will be put on Microsoft Window's 10 Home because I do like the build of 10.

Now here are the problems or questions I have.

1.)For the GPU's, would the EVGA SLI bridge work for these cards on the AMD architecture?

2.) Is all of this able to fit inside of this case with maximum airflow capacity?

3.) Thinking about buying the NZXT hue because YOLO?

4.) Would it be better to buy thermal paste or just use the paste from the Cooler?

For $1300 you can do MUCH BETTER than an FX cpu and 2 970s, gimme a sec

UPDATE: 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($349.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($122.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.92 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  ($429.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.69 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1307.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-08 12:02 EDT-0400

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

11 minutes ago, LookingForEXP said:

So I've already built myself two killer setup's in the past. And I've given them away to my younger sibling and my fiancee. So I've decided to build myself something nice. Not TOO overkill, but enough to look pretty and bite a little.

But I have encountered some problems with my build. I wouldn't actually say problems...I'd say questions. And if anyone is willing to help me that'd be great.

So let's get started.

The build consists of a CPU that I got from a prebuilt last November.

And I'll be using my old HardDrive. Wiping it, and putting a new OS on it of course.

So this is what I've come up with. 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mwcCzM
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mwcCzM/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($68.14 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Glossy White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: NZXT HALE82 V2 700W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1326.84

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-08 11:38 EDT-0400

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is why I've chosen what I have chosen. I am not looking for the MOST KILLER gaming PC at this time. I want to let it blossom into a good rig over time.

CPU: So the CPU is one that I already own from a previous rig and have decided to cut costs and use it in this build. For the purpose is to Stream on Twitch as well as Youtube and some video editing and rendering. This CPU is overclockable and I am currently deciding on how high of a clock speed I would feel comfortable with.

CPU Cooling System: So the Corsair H100i has gotten killer reviews for it's overall liquid cooling component. So overclocking my build would be a great benefit with the Water Cooling Method instead of basic Airflow components.

Motherboard: Personally I've chosen this board mainly for the Aesthetics of it. My goal is to have a White/Black build with more White, but it is a 970 series board and was mainly good for gaming itself. Regardless if it's not the 990X or 990FX boards, DDR4 is not present in AMD's line of product yet so DDR3 970A will be fine for the time being.

RAM/Memory: The RAM color is for complete Aesthetics, but I like how "Spec Ops" it is with it's minimalistic design and having 16GB of DDR3-1866 RAM speed will be perfect for what I have in store for this build.

HDD: This Toshiba Hard Drive is from my old build and still has not done me wrong yet, It has been slower due to the load on it right now but will be wiped and retethered to factory base model for OS download. This also cut's costs for me and I can always expand from 1TB.

SSD: So I have decided to get an SSD of 250GB due to me having to Render and Edit, as well as Stream some games. This cut's down time and gives me the ability to perform other projects throughout my day, instead of sitting on my computer for hours.

GPU: So I've decided to use the majority of the budget in this build on TWO Asus GeForce GTX 970's in 2-Way SLI/Crossfire what have you. Being clocked at 4GB is MORE than enough for gaming and my work. 

Case: This case is purely for aesthetics and I like cases with a minimalist design, Im not a fan of the whole Transformers look on a case. Corsair is also a good example - I.E Corsair 450D/750D/900D

PSU: Now the white is aesthetically pleasing but at 700w 80+ bronze it does the work that I need for now and future upgrades.

This will be put on Microsoft Window's 10 Home because I do like the build of 10.

Now here are the problems or questions I have.

1.)For the GPU's, would the EVGA SLI bridge work for these cards on the AMD architecture?

2.) Is all of this able to fit inside of this case with maximum airflow capacity?

3.) Thinking about buying the NZXT hue because YOLO?

4.) Would it be better to buy thermal paste or just use the paste from the Cooler?

ok first don't go sli unless you have the best of the best

second off with that much money you should upgrade to an i5 

you could make this an i5 6500/1070 build or something

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

I would definitely recommend ditching that cpu and go for a newer one. I also agree with crysilis, the 970 is a good gpu... but I don't see a point in SLI. Just buy a single 980ti over 970 sli.