Last Part of my Friend's Build. Help!!

afyeung

I'm going to Microcenter later on today with my friend to purchase the parts for his PC. We still have one part left to decide, the SSD. I was thinking the 275GB Crucial MX300 for $69 would be a good deal since it's using Crucial's new 3D Nand and performs similar to the MX200 which I use and love. Any other options? Link any drive deals from any site in the US because microcenter price matches. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

2 minutes ago, afyeung said:

I'm going to Microcenter later on today with my friend to purchase the parts for his PC. We still have one part left to decide, the SSD. I was thinking the 275GB Crucial MX300 for $69 would be a good deal since it's using Crucial's new 3D Nand and performs similar to the MX200 which I use and love. Any other options? Link any drive deals from any site in the US because microcenter price matches. 

the 850 evo is a great drive , and i love it  . I don't have any experience with crucial drives though.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

the 850 evo is a great drive , and i love it  . I don't have any experience with crucial drives though.

850 evo is quite a bit more expensive. We almost pulled the trigger on the 750 evo but I'm glad we didn't because it's much lower quality than the 850 evo. 

Just now, afyeung said:

850 evo is quite a bit more expensive. We almost pulled the trigger on the 750 evo but I'm glad we didn't because it's much lower quality than the 850 evo. 

strange , i got my 250gb model for 70$ , and that was a year ago . The crucial drive seems like a good option, but i would stay away from the low-mid range kingston SSd's like the v300 and uv400 . 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

strange , i got my 250gb model for 70$ , and that was a year ago . The crucial drive seems like a good option, but i would stay away from the low-mid range kingston SSd's like the v300 and uv400 . 

Prices for SSD's drop all the time but we want to get the build done asap so I think the MX300 will be fine. Good thing about microcenter is that it's really easy to return 

Any SSD is much better than an HDD. :)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD