Trying to build a New Gaming PC

MR-Creepy

So, i wanna Build myself a new PC and I'm not very good at this, i wanna use it for gaming and video editing and can handle lots of tasks at the same time so i was thinking that i should get a CPU with 6Cores but i really don't know!, i need help only with finding the right Processor + Motherboard + Graphics Card, My budget is around (900 to 1000)USD > (Motherboard + CPU + Video Card)only, (AMD Build & Intel Build) > DDR4, and how much Watts do i need for it.

6 core CPU + GPU + Mobo for 1k.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kdK4nn

That is about what you're looking at. not a lot of wiggle room in that budget for other options. Not that you would need it, that would be a pretty badass system with those 3 components at its core.

900-1000 really doesn't get you into anything other than Skylake really, once everything is said and done.  Not really enough to get into the LGA2011 platforms, which is probably where you want to be.

If you can up your budget by a few hundred, then you'll probably make out better.

So no case or PSU or storage drives or CPU cooler or RAM? Alright then

What res are you going to be playing ya games at?

Edit:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($174.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($429.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $974.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-07 05:20 EDT-0400

A 5820k price to performance wise is quite a bit better than the more expensive 6800k as although the broadwell-E chip has a slightly higher IPC, the 5820k can overclock higher than the current broadwell-E chips so...same performance basically and then 1070 is a overkill for 1080p and perfect for 1440p so yeah...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

This is as low as I could while meeting your requirements 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y9d4nn
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y9d4nn/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Value 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($65.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($249.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($43.99 @ Directron) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1155.92

You need more budget or less expectation 

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

7 minutes ago, Mark77 said:

900-1000 really doesn't get you into anything other than Skylake really, once everything is said and done.  Not really enough to get into the LGA2011 platforms, which is probably where you want to be.

If you can up your budget by a few hundred, then you'll probably make out better.

3 minutes ago, FanBlade said:

-snip-

His budget is for only the GPU, CPU and motherboard I think so...no need for a whole build :P 

13 minutes ago, MR-Creepy said:

need help only with finding the right Processor + Motherboard + Graphics Card, My budget is around (900 to 1000)USD > (Motherboard + CPU + Video Card)only,

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, FanBlade said:

This is as low as I could while meeting your requirements 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y9d4nn
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y9d4nn/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Value 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($65.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($249.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($43.99 @ Directron) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1155.92

You need more budget or less expectation 

hahaha :D well my budget is 1500$ but i put 1000$ for motherboard, CPU and Video Card the rest 500 saving it for case and ram i already got SSD and HDD i can Get 4GB ram for now and give it more budget like 1200$(Motherboard, CPU and Video Card)

1 minute ago, MR-Creepy said:

hahaha :D well my budget is 1500$ but i put 1000$ for motherboard, CPU and Video Card the rest 500 saving it for case and ram i already got SSD and HDD i can Get 4GB ram for now and give it more budget like 1200$(Motherboard, CPU and Video Card)

Anything you could need a 6 core CPU for will shit on you if you have only 4GB of RAM. my original component recommendation still stands.

11 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

6 core CPU + GPU + Mobo for 1k.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kdK4nn

That is about what you're looking at. not a lot of wiggle room in that budget for other options. Not that you would need it, that would be a pretty badass system with those 3 components at its core.

i like it with gtx 1070 and asus x99

I'm currently working with AMD and its doing great so so if my budget is bad for what i want should i go for AMD is a bit Cheaper

34 minutes ago, MR-Creepy said:

I'm currently working with AMD and its doing great so so if my budget is bad for what i want should i go for AMD is a bit Cheaper

AMD doesn't really have anything that competes well with Intel right now. Zen is rumored to change that, but I've no idea when that is coming out, or if the rumors are going to hold true.

If you want cheaper, don't get X99. get Skylake.

1 hour ago, Zyndo said:

AMD doesn't really have anything that competes well with Intel right now. Zen is rumored to change that, but I've no idea when that is coming out, or if the rumors are going to hold true.

If you want cheaper, don't get X99. get Skylake.

okay, based on the processor everyone recommended i came up with this http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fyhn7h
so what do you think and is this power supply good enough as i plan to overclock everything in the future

8 hours ago, MR-Creepy said:

I think you're spending more money than you need to in the wrong areas. You're looking at purchasing  unnecessarily expensive motherboard, SSD, and RAM. You're doing that (particularly the motherboard) at the expense of performance by having to get a weaker GPU in order to stay in budget. Motherboards won't increase performance, and the motherboard you chose lacks features like USB type C. Not to mention how incredibly expensive it is. For almost half the money you could get the Gaming 7 motherboard instead and lose very few features (and the ones you lose are unlikely to be used by most users anyway). You could also get the ROG STRIX GAMING board for about 300 bucks if you needed something like an 8+4 CPU power pin connection instead of the standard 8.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/8KZ2FT/msi-motherboard-x99agaming7

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/L6rcCJ/asus-motherboard-rogstrixx99gaming

To better balance your spending, and get a stronger computer, I would recommend something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/k8fK4C

By switching out the overly expensive motherboard and SSD (I kept the memory because I can appreciate wanting to have Dominators. I plan to get some in my build one day too) I was able to upgrade your GPU from a 970 to a 1070 (which is a very significant gaming performance boost, or any rendering application that benefits from GPU power). I also saved you 50 bucks in the process. that is 50 bucks extra you could put towards a case, or getting a larger AIO cooler. I have the H100i V2 in my rig and its great, but its only a 240 AIO, and there are 280's for about the same price. You could get a Corsair H115i or a NZXT Kraken X61for better cooling performance, so long as your case is compatible (these are 280 AIO's). Speaking of compatibility, the new motherboard choice is ATX form factor, instead of EATX like the Gaming 9 was. This should allow you to put your build in a larger variety of cases, such as the NZXT S340, if you so desired.

If you want to include those changes, this is the final build I would recommend: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sgkk6X

This is only a few bucks more than your original suggestion, and this computer will be much more powerful. You could put the Corsair H115i in there instead of the X61, but I think the X61 looks great in the S340. You could also choose a different case, or choose different whatevers if you want. After all, its your money, I'm just trying to help you spend it the most wisely. At the end of the day if you want that unnecessarily expensive motherboard and SSD at the cost of GPU power, then you are welcome to do that. Its your money and your computer, don't let me tell you its "wrong" to do so. I just feel that its more practical to build this way instead.

Let me know if you have any other questions =)

P.S. Yes, the G2 650W is a high quality PSU and comes with enough wattage to successfully run and overclock your computer without having to worry about it. You may need more headroom if you ever wanted to go SLI one day and do a custom water cooling loop, but assuming you don't need any of that, then a 650W is totally fine.