DT 770 80 Ohm with Galaxy S7 (International)

GymothyCharles
Go to solution Solved by AstroBenny,

Ok, so my S6 can just about drive about them to uncomfortable levels so I'm guessing they'd be fine with an S7. As for the PC onboard audio, they definitely shouldn't be an issue as there was plenty of room to go, volume wise :)

Not sure how an ipod touch would fare though as I don't have anything to compare with but I'm assuming it would be okay.... @Mateus Campello

Im pretty sure im going to get the DT 770 80 Ohm, but im not 100% on whether or not my phone (Exynos S7)(Im specifying because I heard it has a different DAC/Amp than the Snapdragon version) will drive it.  

If I do need an Amp for it, which is the best between the Fiio Q1, K1, and A3 in terms of value for the money, and being able to drive the 80 Ohm DT 770.  I'd prefer to spend as little money as possible, as I'm a little short on cash, so a max 300 CAD for the entire setup, less is better.  

Also, how is the ATH M50x as an alternate?  I wont be using this out in public, mainly at home (mainly hip-hop music, video games (PC), other music) and on road trips (plane, bus, car, etc.)  

My r/headphones thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4vgnn3/daily_headphone_purchase_advice_thread_20160731/d5yhxoy

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

Funny you ask, my DT770 80 Ohm's just arrived minutes ago to replace my M50X's due to comfort issues with prolonged periods of use.  I have a Galaxy S6 which shouldn't be too different from the S7's dac/amp. I'll report back and let you know.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just now, AstroBenny said:

Funny you ask, my DT770 80 Ohm's just arrived minutes ago, to replace my M50X's due to comfort issues with prolonged periods of use.  I have a Galaxy S6 which shouldn't be too different from the S7's dac/amp. I'll report back and let you know.

Well, I guess that answers the M50x question XD.

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

Oh well, I'm asking myself the exactly same question. I wanna know if my iPod Touch 5 and notebook will be able to drive the DT 770 Pro 80Ohm well enough, because I don't really wanna pay half the price of the headphone on an amp to get a 1% improvement.

CPU: i5 10600KFMotherboard: Asus B460M-Plus | Cooling: Gamemmaxx 400 XT w/ Corsair ML120 Elite + 1 ML120 Elite exhaust + 2 ML140 Elite intake

RAM: 2x16GB Netac DDR4 3200MT/s @2666CL13 | GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual +200/+1200MHz/+5%

Storage: 2TB XPG S70 Blade, WD Blue NVMe 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TBPSU: Corsair TX550M

Monitor: 2x Pichau Cepheus Fuse 28" 4k 144Hz HDR | Keyboard: Corsair K70 mk.2 Cherry MX Red

Headphone/headset: Kuba Disco Pro/Gamer + Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro | OS: Windows 11 Home

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB + Ugreen Vertical MouseCase: Corsair Carbide 400C

Ok, so my S6 can just about drive about them to uncomfortable levels so I'm guessing they'd be fine with an S7. As for the PC onboard audio, they definitely shouldn't be an issue as there was plenty of room to go, volume wise :)

Not sure how an ipod touch would fare though as I don't have anything to compare with but I'm assuming it would be okay.... @Mateus Campello

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 minute ago, AstroBenny said:

Awesome, thanks a tonne!

3 hours ago, AstroBenny said:

Thanks A LOT man !

I've had the Cloud II that are 60Ohm and they were fine with my iPod, so seems like the extra 20Ohms won't be a problem :D

CPU: i5 10600KFMotherboard: Asus B460M-Plus | Cooling: Gamemmaxx 400 XT w/ Corsair ML120 Elite + 1 ML120 Elite exhaust + 2 ML140 Elite intake

RAM: 2x16GB Netac DDR4 3200MT/s @2666CL13 | GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual +200/+1200MHz/+5%

Storage: 2TB XPG S70 Blade, WD Blue NVMe 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TBPSU: Corsair TX550M

Monitor: 2x Pichau Cepheus Fuse 28" 4k 144Hz HDR | Keyboard: Corsair K70 mk.2 Cherry MX Red

Headphone/headset: Kuba Disco Pro/Gamer + Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro | OS: Windows 11 Home

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB + Ugreen Vertical MouseCase: Corsair Carbide 400C