My First Build.. Im lost!

George8D

That's a bit short; I mean in terms of rad surface, it's like having a h100i on the CPU and a single rad for the GPU, all on the same loop. Also if you go custom loop only to have one more rad slot than by using an AIO cooler, your "return on investment" isn't very high, in terms of silence and temps vs. the added work and cost of a custom loop.

This being said it would work. You can cool a CPU with a 240 rad like a h100 and a card like the Ares II seems to work fine with a single rad. So what I'm really trying to say is, you won't crash or overheat or anything, but if it was me I wouldn't drop under a 360 + 240 rad config if I was going custom, so as to really enjoy the advantages of a custom loop

Will go for the 360 top, modify the hard drive cage to fit a bottom 240 and leave the single 120 out of the rear. :)

Sounds good! what do you have parts wise?

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

Sounds good! what do you have parts wise?

well... I have the case :)

pretty much figured out what components i'm choosing. Just going through the WC parts and then going to ask for advice on here then order them up! :D

Is the system just for gaming?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Is the system just for gaming?

He mentioned he might get back into video editing and rendering on the previous page

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

Just wanted to mention a few parts that would go with your orange/black theme, Cougar power supply (these are hard to find, but they are still available on some websites), cougar orange fans. Then I thought I should mention Thermaltake SpinQ VT or Contac 29 BP cpu coolers or Zalman CNPS9500, but I see you decided to go with WC. So here is a good post on WC https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/5435-watercooling-faq-some-basic-qa/

Been so busy haven't had time to look into this more, but here are the compononts I think I will need for watercooling.. what do you think @Rekhyt ?

Product Name Qty Price Line Total GX-230-EA_60.jpgEVGA GeForce GTX 780 HydroCopper 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (03G-P4-2789-KR) £659.99
(£549.99) £659.99
(£549.99) WC-416-EK_60.jpgEK Water Blocks EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-RES 100 £96.95
(£80.79) £96.95
(£80.79) WC-206-EK_60.jpgEK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy - Acetal + Nickel £52.99
(£44.16) £52.99
(£44.16) WC-085-XS_60.jpgXSPC EX360 120mm Radiator - Black £49.99
(£41.66) £49.99
(£41.66) WC-088-XS_60.jpgXSPC EX280 Dual Fan Radiator £44.99
(£37.49) £44.99
(£37.49) WC-075-MO_60.jpgMonsoon 13/10mm (ID 3/8 OD 1/2) Free Center Compression Fitting Six Pack - Orange £27.95
(£23.29) £55.90
(£46.58) WC-039-MH_60.jpgMayhems Aurora - Orillia Orange Coolant 1L £14.99
(£12.49) £44.97
(£37.47) WC-130-XS_60.jpgXSPC HighFlex Hose 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD, 16/10mm, 2m, Black £6.49
(£5.41) £6.49
(£5.41)

You still need fans for those rads; you can check out corsair, noctua, silverstone for those. Also I'd get a taller reservoir, that one will look tiny and lost in the middle of the big case. It's the main part where you can show off your coolant color, so make it big :D

Also the tubing you picked is black. You need it to be transparent if you want the coolant to show. If it was intentional, disregard.

Looks solid otherwise!

You still need fans for those rads; you can check out corsair, noctua, silverstone for those. Also I'd get a taller reservoir, that one will look tiny and lost in the middle of the big case. It's the main part where you can show off your coolant color, so make it big :D

Also the tubing you picked is black. You need it to be transparent if you want the coolant to show. If it was intentional, disregard.

Looks solid otherwise!

yeah I have thought about the fans :P going for the Alpenfoen Orange/black (7x120mm + 3x 140mm) and I did decide to go for the black tubing because I feel there is just too much orange going on! :P

also @Rekhyt what do you think about one of these? :/

"Asus PCE-AC66 Dual Band 5GHz Wireless - AC1750 PCI-E Adapte"

also @Rekhyt what do you think about one of these? :/

"Asus PCE-AC66 Dual Band 5GHz Wireless - AC1750 PCI-E Adapte"

I actually came *really* close to buying one, but then I settled for two powerline adapters just a few days ago actually.

I've heard nothing bad about them (and those antennae look so leet); but keep in mind you'll have to buy a WiFi AC router router too, otherwise there's no point because you'll be limited to WiFi n speeds. So there you go, you have two options.

I actually came *really* close to buying one, but then I settled for two powerline adapters just a few days ago actually.

I've heard nothing bad about them (and those antennae look so leet); but keep in mind you'll have to buy a WiFi AC router router too, otherwise there's no point because you'll be limited to WiFi n speeds. So there you go, you have two options.

The router is a definite future upgrade. only problem I have with it is the fact its red :@ But seeing as i need a wifi card anyway for my current room setup. 

but its red :(

The router is a definite future upgrade. only problem I have with it is the fact its red :@ But seeing as i need a wifi card anyway for my current room setup. 

but its red :(

You can always get other ones I'm sure; Steer clear of the Linsys E6000 though, had some bad experiences with that; Or again, powerline adapters; these things are great

Do you need peripherals? Mouse, keyboard, monitor etc.

Pretty much sacrificing them to watercool this setup :P I have a mouse and a 27" Monitor and will be purchasing a standard keyboard until such a time I can invest in say a 2k/4k or Ips etc monitor and the newer version of my mouse :P 

@Rekhyt Reckon I should wait till the 780Ti Gets released :P

Pricing and benchmarks is what you should wait for :)

Pricing and benchmarks is what you should wait for :)

Aye, I'm hoping it either pushes down the price of the 780 and/or puts the price of the titan down to the price of the 780 currently :P

Aye, I'm hoping it either pushes down the price of the 780 and/or puts the price of the titan down to the price of the 780 currently :P

So far it seems the Ti will get the current price of the 780, making it a good option for you, since you were ready to put in that price anyway. Don't worry about Titans, you don't need that.

Still to be confirmed though