New router trouble

RedScorpion

So I am on the AT&T Internet universe. Today we installed a new router that was sent in on Wednesday and we are no longer getting the speeds we pay for. Over wired and wifi. What could be going on?

1 minute ago, RedScorpion said:

What could be going on?

1) Contact your ISP

or

2) your area might have lower standards for cable/dsl

Just now, youmanyousef said:

1) Contact your ISP

or

2) your area might have lower standards for cable/dsl

We haven't had this issue before. It would be lower with our old one but now we have really bad download

2 minutes ago, RedScorpion said:

We haven't had this issue before. It would be lower with our old one but now we have really bad download

Can you show us your download speed? (search speedtest on google and press the blue button on the top that says "Run Speed test"

Speed.png

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Try direct ethernet from the modem, see if that helps

Already did. Nothing changed

ATT cant deliver most of the time anyway. What speeds are you paying for? Also you might be too far away to receive those. DSL has distance limitations. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

ATT cant deliver most of the time anyway. What speeds are you paying for? Also you might be too far away to receive those. DSL has distance limitations. 

Pretty sure 24mbps

59 minutes ago, RedScorpion said:

image.png

Not signed in
48 minutes ago, RedScorpion said:

Pretty sure 24mbps

That's not even 1/10th the speed you're paying for.

I would phone up AT&T right away (since you'll be on hold for hours anyway) and get them to sort it out.

They provide the service and your modem, therefore they are responsible for everything to do with delivering the speeds you pay for.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

4 minutes ago, kirashi said:

I would phone up AT&T right away (since you'll be on hold for hours anyway) and get them to sort it out.

They provide the service and your modem, therefore they are responsible for everything to do with delivering the speeds you pay for.

My name isn't on it. And I've read that others have had the same issue and AT&T was no help

4 minutes ago, kirashi said:

My name isn't on it. And I've read that others have had the same issue and AT&T was no help

Then you'll have to get the account holder to call.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

Then you'll have to get the account holder to call.

Can't. And I am not calling there tech support. It's a piece of crap. I've dealt with them before and no help came. And now the wifi download speed isn't even a mb at some points 

1 minute ago, RedScorpion said:

Can't. And I am not calling there tech support. It's a piece of crap. I've dealt with them before and no help came. And now the wifi download speed isn't even a mb at some points 

Alright, well there's not much we can do for you here. The modem is controlled by your ISP, as is their backbone network.

Short of asking you to reset the modem to factory defaults using the reset button, AT&T is really who you need to call at this point.

Unless they allow you to buy your own modem, in which case maybe someone with AT&T can provide some input.

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Alright, well there's not much we can do for you here. The modem is controlled by your ISP, as is their backbone network.

Short of asking you to reset the modem to factory defaults using the reset button, AT&T is really who you need to call at this point.

Unless they allow you to buy your own modem, in which case maybe someone with AT&T can provide some input.

Earlier I unplugged it for 10 minutes and speeds were Bette for maybe a minute 

21 minutes ago, RedScorpion said:

Earlier I unplugged it for 10 minutes and speeds were Bette for maybe a minute 

How far are you from the VRAD? Thats the big question. If your too far then you might not get the speeds your paying for. 

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

How far are you from the VRAD? Thats the big question. If your too far then you might not get the speeds your paying for. 

Less than 20ft. It sucks when I'm right next to it as well. My wifi right now is worse than wifi at a hotel

8 minutes ago, RedScorpion said:

Less than 20ft. It sucks when I'm right next to it as well. My wifi right now is worse than wifi at a hotel

Harass the account holder until they call ATT. They have to be involved. For all you know a god damned Squirrel chewed on the line. 

13 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Harass the account holder until they call ATT. They have to be involved. For all you know a god damned Squirrel chewed on the line. 

If it's any help, it's a pace modem. We used to have a 2wire one that worked much better

This is the speed tests I took for the past couple hours or so. The newest is after a reset of the DSL Pace Modem

image.png

5 minutes ago, RedScorpion said:

This is the speed tests I took for the past couple hours or so. The newest is after a reset of the DSL Pace Modem

image.png

Dude we all told you. You need to contact ATT to have a tech look at it. Thats the only way, because you could very well have a line issue or a bad modem you need a tech to pin point the problem. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Dude we all told you. You need to contact ATT to have a tech look at it. Thats the only way, because you could very well have a line issue or a bad modem you need a tech to pin point the problem. 

ATT isn't avail over the weekends and the person who is paying for it refuses to believe there is an issue

9 minutes ago, RedScorpion said:

ATT isn't avail over the weekends and the person who is paying for it refuses to believe there is an issue

Get a job and pay for your own service. Besides that your fucked. Maybe show the account holder the speed tests to prove you are not getting what they are paying for. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Get a job and pay for your own service. Besides that your fucked. Maybe show the account holder the speed tests to prove you are not getting what they are paying for. 

Ok. Got it working better. Messed around with the channels of 2.4 and 5