Resources for beginning C++ programming?

So I've been studying web development languages for awhile and decided to move back into software development. I personally have never worked with C++ except on a few rare occasions. I was at one time pretty proficient at Java, but i'm currently looking to try something new. 

One big problem I'm having is finding good resources, most of my coding references are all catered towards web development, (w3schools, codeacademy, etc.)

So I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share some of their favorite sites for C++ references. I'd really like something showing "beautiful code", like an example of how to correctly format your code. I personally find this real helpful for HTML for instance: https://css-tricks.com/wp-content/csstricks-uploads/Beautiful-HTML-small.jpg

Another thing I could use is some help with using Visual Studio. I downloaded the community edition and am a bit confused on how exactly it works. In total honesty, is it really better to use it over something like eclipse? I'm very comfortable with eclipse IDE and I suppose if there is no downsides, can I just use it instead? 

Also wanted to know some good projects to create for beginners, something like good practice by creating a poll in javascript.

I was thinking as more of a final "project", to try and create a audio player. Is that really realistic you think? Or would it really be something more that required extensive work and not really suited to "practice"?

Sorry if I didn't make total sense here, of course i'm a beginner and I want to learn as much as possible! Thanks for everything everybody.

4 minutes ago, RangerLunis said:

I was thinking as more of a final "project", to try and create a audio player. Is that really realistic you think? Or would it really be something more that required extensive work and not really suited to "practice"?

Playing uncompressed audio like WAVE files is so simple it can hardly be called a 'project'.

Playing something like MP3 is more about the math and algorithms like Huffman then knowing the language.

I'd suggest learning the language with a subject you already fully understand so you can focus on learning the language rather then having to study the subject.

Just now, Unimportant said:

Playing uncompressed audio like WAVE files is so simple it can hardly be called a 'project'.

Playing something like MP3 is more about the math and algorithms like Huffman then knowing the language.

I'd suggest learning the language with a subject you already fully understand so you can focus on learning the language rather then having to study the subject.

Thanks so much for this. I agree and i'll keep an open mind on what projects to create.