Note 7 announced, thoughts?

EternalSeeker

Hey phone fanatics!

With the announcement for the note 7, what are your thoughts?

Coming from a note 3 owner, its a hefty upgrade! 

With what I wanna do (found bellow) the new screen, data storage and 64bit soc is amazing!!

I love media consumption and media capture with the phone, I use every feature my Note 3 has and I would love to use newer features to. Battery life should be well and I love expandable storage. I use my phone for emulators, Pokemon Go, other high graphic (for a phone that is) game, spotify, data storage and transfer (for my work files and such), and I do use some "High Performance" application on the phone such as Autocad, Matlab (and its andriod version Octave) and other analysis software (as a hobby and sometimes to complete work on the go). I also love using root access. With all that, I also use the phone like any other person such as for social media, phone calls (omg I know :P), test messaging etc. 

What are your thoughts on its specs, Industrial Design, features, and available colors? 

I may get a skin on the back of it and a clear protective case, idk about the screen protector :\

Specs: Case: NZXT H440 ] CPU: I7-5960x | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 AIO | MOBO: ASUS Rampage V  | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  | RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 4 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4 kit | PSU: EVGA 1000G2 | SSD (Boot): Samsung 850pro 128GB | HDD (mass storage): WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM  | SDD (Working Drve): Samsung 850 evo 500GB | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Display: Asus VG248 24in. 144Hz 1ms 

It's fucking great, as expected from the Note lineup

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

To big for me,that's why i always go with the S series instead of the Note,but i hate the edge versions since they are to edged out and cost more

its definitely a good phone for power users. but i'm not that willing to pay that much for a smartphone. i'm holding out for the next nexus (had my 6P for pretty much a year), and i already know that hardware-wise won't be as good as the note 7. 

i didn't even know there was a note 6 out yet. to be honest, the specs look absolutely fantastic, if i didn't get a Galaxy S7 a few months ago i might have picked one up!

55 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i didn't even know there was a note 6 out yet. to be honest, the specs look absolutely fantastic, if i didn't get a Galaxy S7 a few months ago i might have picked one up!

They skipped the name Note 6 as they wanted to correlate the numbering of the S lineup and the Note lineup

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Love it but hate it to.

The phone it self is great but the edge screen kinda ruines the Note thing

On 8/5/2016 at 3:32 AM, GarnetDevil said:

It's fucking great, as expected from the Note lineup

On 8/5/2016 at 3:46 AM, keNNySOC said:

To big for me,that's why i always go with the S series instead of the Note,but i hate the edge versions since they are to edged out and cost more

On 8/5/2016 at 4:06 AM, Technicolors said:

its definitely a good phone for power users. but i'm not that willing to pay that much for a smartphone. i'm holding out for the next nexus (had my 6P for pretty much a year), and i already know that hardware-wise won't be as good as the note 7. 

On 8/5/2016 at 4:13 AM, RollinLower said:

On 8/5/2016 at 5:10 AM, Rupe said:

They skipped the name Note 6 as they wanted to correlate the numbering of the S lineup and the Note lineup

On 8/5/2016 at 5:10 AM, RollinLower said:

ah, so that's why :D

On 8/5/2016 at 6:09 AM, tomer504 said:

Love it but hate it to.

The phone it self is great but the edge screen kinda ruines the Note thing

Yeah they renamed it to note 7 to match the s7 line up, which wasn't needed imo, note was always like the "enthusiast" "poweruser" line from samsung ever since the first note. The edge screen isn't that bad, just another feature on it, the s-pen looks to function well with the curve so ehh!. I actually just pre-ordered mines at WIND, been with them since i got my note 3 so I can go on dat windtab <3 Otherwise buying the phone upfront is a big smack to the ol wallet, especially in the CDN market. 

Specs: Case: NZXT H440 ] CPU: I7-5960x | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 AIO | MOBO: ASUS Rampage V  | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  | RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 4 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4 kit | PSU: EVGA 1000G2 | SSD (Boot): Samsung 850pro 128GB | HDD (mass storage): WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM  | SDD (Working Drve): Samsung 850 evo 500GB | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Display: Asus VG248 24in. 144Hz 1ms 

Good device, poor market decisions. Selling better versions somewhere else in the world, is a total dealbreaker for me, especially when they name it and give it the exact same model number.

Groomlake Authority

On 8/7/2016 at 5:30 AM, VerticalDiscussions said:

Good device, poor market decisions. Selling better versions somewhere else in the world, is a total dealbreaker for me, especially when they name it and give it the exact same model number.

I am curious, how is the exynos better than the snapdragon? Cause from what i know, only the soc differ between regions?

21 minutes ago, EternalSeeker said:

-snip-

6GB-128GB version, not cpu wise. Altough Exynos is far superior in terms of battery life and cpu integer performance, the Snapdragon mops the floor in terms of graphical performance. But yes, 6GB/128GB storage/ram combination, is a deal breaker for me which is only sold in mainland China... 

Groomlake Authority

6 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

6GB-128GB version, not cpu wise. Altough Exynos is far superior in terms of battery life and cpu integer performance, the Snapdragon mops the floor in terms of graphical performance. But yes, 6GB/128GB storage/ram combination, is a deal breaker for me which is only sold in mainland China... 

Interesting, but its all a rumor that a 6gb lpddr4 version is in the works. Well i haven't seen anything official in any channel. Makes sense on the battery life, since the exynos is clocked lower, but snapdragon soc is beast. 

7 hours ago, EternalSeeker said:

-snip-

It was certified by Teena, so it automatically stops being a rumor but a clock as to when and where it will be released.

Groomlake Authority

15 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

It was certified by Teena, so it automatically stops being a rumor but a clock as to when and where it will be released.

What is Teena? 

2 hours ago, EternalSeeker said:

What is Teena? 

TENAA is like China's equivalent of the FCC or something

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

On 8/7/2016 at 0:41 PM, EternalSeeker said:

Yeah they renamed it to note 7 to match the s7 line up, which wasn't needed imo, note was always like the "enthusiast" "poweruser" line from samsung ever since the first note. 

Think about it in this way..  this year the iphone 7 is gonna come out.

Samsung definitely does not want a comparison like:  which one is better??? iphone 7 or note 6?? 

Then you will understand why they skipped it. 

The bigger the num, the better the performance.. That is how marketing got into us. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.