BenQ XL2430T

SmilesRising

i bought this monitor a month ago and i haave a question about the audio jacks on the side of the monitor... How do i use them? 

Watches and computers                    

6 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

i bought this monitor a month ago and i haave a question about the audio jacks on the side of the monitor... How do i use them? 

plug in  your peripherals

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

Just now, VictorianReaper said:

plug in  your peripherals

no that doesnt work.. ive tried that already.

Watches and computers                    

Just now, smiles rising said:

no that doesnt work.. ive tried that already.

goto playback devices and select  your monitor after you plug them in

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

1 minute ago, VictorianReaper said:

goto playback devices and select  your monitor after you plug them in

doesnt work either

Watches and computers                    

On 2016-08-03 at 10:02 PM, TriviaBeast said:

Is the USB cable from the PC to the monitor plugged in?

yes

Watches and computers                    

On 8/6/2016 at 4:22 PM, smiles rising said:

yes

Have you downloaded the special BenQ software?  I believe that had some audio settings in it when I tried it.  It's called Display Pilot and it sorta sucks.  I had to use a Reddit mirror to download it because BenQ's site only wanted to give me 1mbps or so, as in 1 mega BIT per second.

Sorry, I assumed USB would carry the audio but only an HDMI or DP cable works.  If you are using the included DVI-D, that will not work.

42 minutes ago, TriviaBeast said:

Have you downloaded the special BenQ software?  I believe that had some audio settings in it when I tried it.  It's called Display Pilot and it sorta sucks.  I had to use a Reddit mirror to download it because BenQ's site only wanted to give me 1mbps or so, as in 1 mega BIT per second.

Sorry, I assumed USB would carry the audio but only an HDMI or DP cable works.  If you are using the included DVI-D, that will not work.

so if i use hdmi, it will work?

Watches and computers                    

1 hour ago, smiles rising said:

so if i use hdmi, it will work?

You will lose 144hz, though.  Pick up a VESA certified Displayport cable for the best of both worlds.  I assumed USB would work but it doesn't when I tried it on mine.

https://www.amazon.com/Accell-B142C-007B-UltraAV-DisplayPort-Locking/dp/B0098HVZBE

$20 USD for a good one.

Don't go cheap on the cable as many, many users report issues with non standard DisplayPort cables.