good am3 mobo

my friends mobo died asrock 970m pro 3 and he has a coolermaster n200 what would a good mobo be for around $50 that would fit the coolermaster n200

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

6 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

would these mobos still be good it is a mid tower case

Only the second one. The N200 is a mATX case, so it won't be able to fit full ATX boards (unfortunate, since there aren't many AM3+ boards in mATX form factor, and no high end mATX board as far as I know). He already had one of the best mATX boards in terms of chipset and features. Most other options will imply a "downgrade to phenom II days", so to speak.

Surprisingly, manufacturers have been releasing new AM3+ motherboards recently. However, they haven't come up with new 970 or 990 mATX boards.

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Only the second one. The N200 is a mATX case, so it won't be able to fit full ATX boards (unfortunate, since there aren't many AM3+ boards in mATX form factor, and no high end mATX board as far as I know). He already had one of the best mATX boards in terms of chipset and features. Most other options will imply a "downgrade to phenom II days", so to speak.

Surprisingly, manufacturers have been releasing new AM3+ motherboards recently. However, they haven't come up with new 970 or 990 mATX boards.

even for the midtower version

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119277

That's the N400. If he has the N400, he can accommodate full ATX boards, which means all consumer AM3 boards will fit inside.

k

47 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

my friends mobo died asrock 970m pro 3 and he has a coolermaster n200 what would a good mobo be for around $50 that would fit the coolermaster n200

Basically what he had was the only real option for him. The other mATX boards are even worse.

20 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That's the N400. If he has the N400, he can accommodate full ATX boards, which means all consumer AM3 boards will fit inside.

that is the case 

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

Basically what he had was the only real option for him. The other mATX boards are even worse.

he actually has the n400 my mistake

2 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

that is the case 

He has many options then, but if the budget is $50 I'd suggest going for a used 970 or 990 chipset board.

Then again, the question is what will the PC be used for and which other hardware he intends to use. It could be that he can stick to older chipsets, whether new or used.

He has many options then, but if the budget is $50 I'd suggest going for a used 970 or 990 chipset board.

Then again, the question is what will the PC be used for and which other hardware he intends to use. It could be that he can stick to older chipsets, whether new or used.

csgo and light video editing 

specs

fx6300

gtx950sc

16gb ddr3

500watt psu 80plus

Edited by masterkickass7

4 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

that is the case 

then he can use ATX.

IN that case

ASRock 970A-G/3.1 -> 75 USD

really good for the money. You wont find anything cheaper that is that good, it has good power delivery, modern features, looks kinda nice too.

DONT buy a 50$ AM3+ board, it is cheap for a REASON. The reason being that it is SHIT. The cheapest board i would get is the 970m Pro3 that he had.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

then he can use ATX.

IN that case

really good for the money. You wont find anything cheaper that is that good, it has good power delivery, modern features, looks kinda nice too.

DONT buy a 50$ AM3+ board, it is cheap for a REASON. The reason being that it is SHIT. The cheapest board i would get is the 970m Pro3 that he had.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130922&cm_re=am3_motherboard-_-13-130-922-_-Product

10 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

NO. JUST NO

FUCK NO!!!!

That board is dangerous. The MSI low end boards are FIRE HAZARDS. They use cheap, inadequate power delivery components WITHOUT ADEQUATE COOLING. without adequate safety functions to prevent power delivery death.

The G43, G46 and similar low end MSI boards are actually based on AM3, not AM3+. They just slapped a new socket and chipset on those boards. But the baords themselves were designed back in 2008-2010 FOR THE PHENOM II

ONLY "SAFE" MSI BOARD FOR AMD IS THE 990FX GAMING. ALL OTHER MSI BOARDS ARE DANGEROUSLY CHEAPLY MADE.

12 minutes ago, Prysin said:

then he can use ATX.

IN that case

won't go to $75

5 minutes ago, Prysin said:

NO. JUST NO

FUCK NO!!!!

That board is dangerous. The MSI low end boards are FIRE HAZARDS. They use cheap, inadequate power delivery components WITHOUT ADEQUATE COOLING.

ONLY "SAFE" MSI BOARD FOR AMD IS THE 990FX GAMING. ALL OTHER MSI BOARDS ARE DANGEROUSLY CHEAPLY MADE.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128602&cm_re=am3_motherboard-_-13-128-602-_-Product

2 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

that one is fair. Power delivery is OK.

Dont overclock on it. It wont handle overclocking very well. Otherwise fine

Just now, Prysin said:

he's not oc know shit about pc's

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

also any cheap 1tb hdd his second hdd is a 500gb laptop hdd

1 minute ago, masterkickass7 said:

also any cheap 1tb hdd his second hdd is a 500gb laptop hdd

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex

Make sure to get that one or a Seagate Barracuda. Yes there is slightly cheaper drives out there (5 bucks). But they have much slower read and write speeds, in addition to smaller cache size. Which all affects performance.

5 bucks is a tiny price to pay to get noticeable higher performance. We are talking 50MB/s higher read/write speeds for a 7200RPM HDD vs a 5400RPM one.

Asus 970 pro gaming / Aura.

Very sollid board, exaly the best 970 board out there.