How to remove pre-installed standoffs?

nick5530

In my case, the Enthoo Pro M, there is nine pre-installed standoffs. However, my motherboards only needs six. How do I remove the standoffs?

Also, should I even remove them?

The case should have come with a tiny little tool to help you install and remove standoffs... if you didn't you could always find a tiny wrench that would fit or use some pliers with a rubber grip to unscrew them from the case. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

twist em with ur finger. It unscrews them. They literally screws with a standoff on em

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Just now, Ophidio said:

The case should have come with a tiny little tool to help you install and remove standoffs... if you didn't you could always find a tiny wrench that would fit or use some pliers with a rubber grip to unscrew them from the case. 

I don't think that they came with a tool, but I am pretty sure that I have a wrench that will fit them. Also, why the rubber grip on the pliers?

I prefer rubber grips on pliers when dealing with PC parts not because of electrical issues but because I don't like damaing parts and I've scratched standoffs really badly before just using normal pliers but it might be because I have a really hard grip when I use them. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

I did it recently, since I don't have the proper tool I just used a pair of pliers to grab and unscrew them. It's a good idea to remove them to prevent accidental damage to your motherboard although it should be safe enough to keep them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*