What Do I Do?

byalexandr

Last Thursday (07/28) my Thrustmaster TMX wheel broke, as the clamping mechanism was damaged. I had just bought the unit on June 28th at Micro Center, so the wheel was literally only a month old. I looked at Micro Center's return policy but found out that I only had fifteen days to return it, so I went to Thrustmaster's site and started a support ticket. I was emailed the following morning (07/29) with a request to send my name, shipping address, and pictures of the receipt, serial number, and the damage that occurred. I did so, replying to the email like I was instructed to do so, and waited. It's now Monday (08/01) and I still haven't received a reply on what's going to happen.

I thought it was because it was the weekend and they didn't take process anything during those days, but now it's Monday afternoon and I'm still worried about the $200 I spent on the wheel. Should I send another reply and ask what's up? Or should I give them another day or two? I also have in mind the possibility that they just shipped me a new wheel but I would at least hope for some tracking info or info in general that they sent a new one out.

So what should I do? Thanks :)

I'd give it another couple of days (support from any company can be slow) But document everything you do (whether it be a video outlining the damage done to the wheel, or screenshotting every email that you send to Thrustmaster or Micro Centre) for the sake of ensuring in every way that you get a good shot at getting the refund or replacement.

I've done this before, and it's saved my bacon a couple of times (hint: Aussie ISPs SUCK at keeping track of their own customer support emails)

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just wait

Took sapphire 3 business days to process my R9 280X RMA

Took Corsair 8 Business days to process my 64 GB USB DRIVE RMA

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

they aren't going to do anything on the weekends.  Give them til thursday then follow up with a friendly request to follow up on the status :D<put that in there too

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

11 hours ago, Dargenfire said:

I'd give it another couple of days (support from any company can be slow) But document everything you do (whether it be a video outlining the damage done to the wheel, or screenshotting every email that you send to Thrustmaster or Micro Centre) for the sake of ensuring in every way that you get a good shot at getting the refund or replacement.

I've done this before, and it's saved my bacon a couple of times (hint: Aussie ISPs SUCK at keeping track of their own customer support emails)

I got everything in my records.

11 hours ago, LabRat said:

give them time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

11 hours ago, 007agentHP said:

Just wait

Took sapphire 3 business days to process my R9 280X RMA

Took Corsair 8 Business days to process my 64 GB USB DRIVE RMA

10 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

they aren't going to do anything on the weekends.  Give them til thursday then follow up with a friendly request to follow up on the status :D<put that in there too

Yeah I thought I was overreacting. Thanks guys :)