See if this set up is OK for a low budget build

This is my first time building a PC and I want to keep it on  low budget. Please check if there's any bottle-necking or any other issues with the setup. And please help me chose a better component if there's any problem. It would be great if you could help. The list of the components that I have chosen are given below.
CPU:  Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor

Cpu Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo 43.1 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard:  Asus B150M PRO GAMING Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 360 OC 2GB NITRO

Case:  Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case

Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
PSU: Corsair VS450

grab only 1 8gb stick of ram and a better GPU if you are tight no budget 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

It seems like a pretty solid build. A few suggestions tho. Try and go for a H110 or H170 motherboard if you can find one for a price that you find fair. Don't go for 16GB's of ram, go for 8GB, unless you plan on video editing or anything, 8GB should be just fine. See if you can use the money you save on ram towards a better GPU, maybe wait until the new RX 470 or 460 comes out, and try and go for one of those if possible. You also need a power supply. And there's really no need for an optical drive. I have one, I've used it about twice. So yeah, I hope I've helped!

34 minutes ago, Lancertanvir said:

This is my first time building a PC and I want to keep it on  low budget. Please check if there's any bottle-necking or any other issues with the setup. And please help me chose a better component if there's any problem. It would be great if you could help. The list of the components that I have chosen are given below.

This is good, but make sure you only get what you need, especially if you're on a budget.

I wouldn't get 16 GB of RAM, especially if on a budget, unless you plan on using more than 8 GB. You can save some money and just get a single 8 GB stick, which should be good if you're just gaming for at least the next few years.

H110/H170 motherboards are a bit cheaper. Unless you need the features the B150 chipset can provide, you could save a bit of money here. It won't mean much in terms of raw performance as long as you get a decent motherboard.

That CPU does come with a cooler. Unless you specifically don't want to use the cooler that comes with the Intel CPUs (which is totally understandable - they suck), then don't spend the extra money on an aftermarket cooler.

If you're getting an optical drive, make sure that you'll actually have a need for it. Otherwise, if you don't need one, don't get one. You can install Windows through USB.

The CPU and GPU are a decent choice, but with the above savings, you may be able to buy something even better, like an i5-6400 or an R9 380.

You didn't specify the power supply you'll be using. Make sure you get one that's not a piece of crap. This is one of the most critical components of any PC, if not the most.

30 minutes ago, Lancertanvir said:

I'll give you the runedown

-~$120

-Good Choice
-Matches bottlenecks at about $200 GPUs

-~$20

-Will not effect performance unless you plan on overcloaking

-Intel CPUs run cool and fine with include cooler anyway so I would put that extra $20 on the GPU 

-~$80

-Motherboards are all about selecting for the features you want

-Will not affect performance unless you plan on overclocking

-If you plan on overclocking, then you need to get a motherboard designed for that

-Unless you you meet on of the prior conditions stated above, you should be about to pick a basic motherboard for $50-$60 dollars and save some money to put towards the GPU 

~$80

-Your not going to need more than 8GB of Memory, unless you have a specific task in mind

-You do not need DDR4 (or any of the faster memory), unless you have a specific task in mind

-You should be able to spend about $40 to get 8 GB of gaming memory, unless you have a specific task were fast memory will make a difference.

-~$50

-Not a bad choice if your relay strapped for money.

-Consider getting a 250GB (~$60) of SSD and a 3TB (~$80), as it will multiples faster, and will give you considerable more storage. This, however, comes after spending ~$200 on your GPU

-~$100

-You should spend about $200 your GPU in order to match the i5s bottlneck

-You can check youtube to tell what GPUs, go best with what CPUs

-~$30

-Great choice for a case at your price point.

-~$20

-Unless you plan using DVDs or CDs you don't need a optical drive. I, for instance, don't even use a optical drive on my $1000 PC. You also don't need a optical drive to install you operating system

-Also a quick tip. You can buy you operation system off Redit for about $20. Just let me know if you want to know how to do it.     

10 hours ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

-~$120

-Good Choice

-~$20

-Intel CPUs run cool and fine with include cooler anyway so I would put that extra $20 on the GPU 

-~$80

-If you plan on overclocking, then you need to get a motherboard designed for that

-Unless you you meet on of the prior conditions stated above, you should be about to pick a basic motherboard for $50-$60 dollars and save some money to put towards the GPU 

~$80

-Your not going to need more than 8GB of Memory, unless you have a specific task in mind

-You do not need DDR4 (or any of the faster memory), unless you have a specific task in mind

-You should be able to spend about $40 to get 8 GB of gaming memory, unless you have a specific task were fast memory will make a difference.

-~$50

-Consider getting a 250GB (~$60) of SSD and a 3TB (~$80), as it will multiples faster, and will give you considerable more storage. This, however, comes after spending ~$200 on your GPU

-~$100

-~$30

-~$20

-Unless you plan using DVDs or CDs you don't need a optical drive. I, for instance, don't even use a optical drive on my $1000 PC. You also don't need a optical drive to install you operating system

-Also a quick tip. You can buy you operation system off Redit for about $20. Just let me know if you want to know how to do it.     

10 hours ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

-~$120

-Good Choice

-~$20

-~$80

~$80

-~$50

-~$100

-~$30

-~$20

10 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

This is good, but make sure you only get what you need, especially if you're on a budget.

I wouldn't get 16 GB of RAM, especially if on a budget, unless you plan on using more than 8 GB. You can save some money and just get a single 8 GB stick, which should be good if you're just gaming for at least the next few years.

H110/H170 motherboards are a bit cheaper. Unless you need the features the B150 chipset can provide, you could save a bit of money here. It won't mean much in terms of raw performance as long as you get a decent motherboard.

That CPU does come with a cooler. Unless you specifically don't want to use the cooler that comes with the Intel CPUs (which is totally understandable - they suck), then don't spend the extra money on an aftermarket cooler.

If you're getting an optical drive, make sure that you'll actually have a need for it. Otherwise, if you don't need one, don't get one. You can install Windows through USB.

The CPU and GPU are a decent choice, but with the above savings, you may be able to buy something even better, like an i5-6400 or an R9 380.

You didn't specify the power supply you'll be using. Make sure you get one that's not a piece of crap. This is one of the most critical components of any PC, if not the most.

I want this PC to be a multipurpose PC. I will be doing some video editing and as well as some gaming. But since I'm running low on cash I was forced to go towards a set up like this.. But I have chosen a few of these components so that I can upgrade them in the future. and yes I will overclock.. And few of you said to not go for a 16gig ram. I chose 2400Mhz. I dont want to change to 8 gig rather if I chose 1600Mhz would it be ok?

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($47.98 @ Newegg) 

^Save by going for an H110M, should have what you need at this budget
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 

^Add another 8gb stick later
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 

^If possible get an 240GB SSD (OCZ Trion, PNY CS1311 or Adata SP550) first then add a 1TB HDD later for storage

Video Card: AMD RX 460 / 470 ($110-170.00)

^The release is just around the corner, don't go for a R9 360/370 right now

Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($36.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($47.98 @ Newegg) ^This is better than that PSU for just a few more $
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $513.89

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

On 8/2/2016 at 6:28 AM, Lancertanvir said:

I want this PC to be a multipurpose PC. I will be doing some video editing and as well as some gaming. But since I'm running low on cash I was forced to go towards a set up like this.. But I have chosen a few of these components so that I can upgrade them in the future. and yes I will overclock.. And few of you said to not go for a 16gig ram. I chose 2400Mhz. I dont want to change to 8 gig rather if I chose 1600Mhz would it be ok?

As I said, go with what you need. If you feel you need 16 GB, then spending the extra money on the RAM can be worthwhile, or you can get 8 GB now and the rest later if you want - just make sure you get the same RAM again for the best compatibility. I wouldn't get slower RAM when 2133 MHz DDR4 and sometimes 2400 MHz DDR4 costs around the same as 1600 MHz DDR3.

If you're planning on overclocking the CPU, then you may want to get a Z170 board, unless you can get your hands on a board with a BIOS that supports overclocking locked processors. This is because Intel Core i3-6100 is locked and normally cannot be overclocked. Z170 boards also cost a bit more, if you end up needing one.

Also, Skylake CPUs only support RAM at up to 2133 MHz. This means that 2400 MHz RAM will only run at 2133 MHz unless you enable XMP (exclusive to Z and X chipset boards) or somehow overclock the RAM yourself.