Help! Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

RockerBug17
Go to solution Solved by RockerBug17,

I was thinking, I had to make the bootable USB on a different system because I dont have administrative rights to the PC I am trying to clear the passwords from. Is it possible that this is what is causing the problem? Alternatively, if I have the drive pulled from the PC I am trying to clear the passwords from and installed on a different PC, do you think that will solve my problem?

First, gather around as I tell you a story about ignorance. On a cold fall day, in the year 2013 I effed up my remote desktop connect. The End.

Actually, through remote desktop in Win7 I changed over some accounts to Standard Users. At the time I was unaware that doing so would keep me from accessing the PC via remote desktop. I did create an ADMIN account, but I have unfortunately forgotten the password to that account, and so now I'm effed. My solution is to use Offline NT to clear all passwords so I can fix the problems I have created, EXCEPT, I seem to be running into a problem when booting Offline NT. Upon reaching the main screen of Offline NT and hitting enter I get this screen:

post-4278-0-94412500-1381255106.jpg

And that's where my story ends. I don't understand where the problem lies. When I tried Offline NT on my local notebook and it worked just fine. However, I am out of the country, therefore the computer I am trying to regain access to has to be troubleshot through Skype by a third party at my direction. UGG!

So, if anyone can direct me as to how to progress past the screenshot above in Offline NT, I'd really, really, appreciate it.

Member 4250

Someone help him

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I was thinking, I had to make the bootable USB on a different system because I dont have administrative rights to the PC I am trying to clear the passwords from. Is it possible that this is what is causing the problem? Alternatively, if I have the drive pulled from the PC I am trying to clear the passwords from and installed on a different PC, do you think that will solve my problem?

Member 4250

I've used this tool few times before and it has got stuck on that same screen. Are you unable to press Enter and continue?

You can try burning it to a new disk or USB with a new download of the iso and see if it allows you to continue you further.

When it says boot: you press enter and it continues.

First, gather around as I tell you a story about ignorance. On a cold fall day, in the year 2013 I effed up my remote desktop connect. The End.

Actually, through remote desktop in Win7 I changed over some accounts to Standard Users. At the time I was unaware that doing so would keep me from accessing the PC via remote desktop. I did create an ADMIN account, but I have unfortunately forgotten the password to that account, and so now I'm effed. My solution is to use Offline NT to clear all passwords so I can fix the problems I have created, EXCEPT, I seem to be running into a problem when booting Offline NT. Upon reaching the main screen of Offline NT and hitting enter I get this screen:

attachicon.gif1382950_672265719452523_1995828494_n.jpg

And that's where my story ends. I don't understand where the problem lies. When I tried Offline NT on my local notebook and it worked just fine. However, I am out of the country, therefore the computer I am trying to regain access to has to be troubleshot through Skype by a third party at my direction. UGG!

So, if anyone can direct me as to how to progress past the screenshot above in Offline NT, I'd really, really, appreciate it.

Use hiren's BootCD, there's an NT Password reset tool there and its much simpler. Used it a lot of times even in corporate computers, works well.

give Trinity Rescue Kit ago

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Thanks for the advice guys. I just finished a 2 hour Skype call with my Dad. I talked him through the whole process. We went the route of installing the HDD into another PC and booting NT Offline. It worked flawlessly and I cleared all the passwords out! We ran into some problems with the keyboard, but a simple switch to a PS/2 keyboard solved that. I'm interested in trying out some of the software you all recommended, but I think I'll play with it on my local machine because damn, talking someone through a troubleshooting is a nightmare!

All and all, I've learned a valuable lesson: If it works, DON'T EFFE WITH IT! I will never again mess with my remote connections while abroad.

Member 4250