Windows doesn't recognize second monitor! Please help!

Jeroen1322
Go to solution Solved by SuperOwnJK,

Because it shows your graphics card as a standard VGA graphics adapter it suggests that you haven't installed the drivers for your graphics card. Go onto the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers for your card

Hi guys! 

I installed Windows 7 on my new SSD, with my HDMI monitor plugged in and my VGA (2nd monitor) not connected.

My HDMI monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 but when i select that resolution it is too small for some reason also when i re boot my pc with my HDMI an VGA monitors both plugged in it only recognizes the VGA monitor. Also they are both connected on my GPU and it says that the graphic adapter is the standard VGA graphic adapter.. even when i only have my HDMI monitor plugged in.

Oh and i forgot my internet doesn't work either (i'm now on my laptop) 

It is connected with a ethernet cable.

Please help! 

Thanks! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Have you installed the drivers for your graphics card?

I'm assuming that you have just done a fresh install of Windows on your new SSD so you will have to download and install all drivers relevant to your hardware 

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

Have you installed the drivers for your graphics card?

I'm assuming that you have just done a fresh install of Windows on your new SSD so you will have to download and install all drivers relevant to your hardware 

I indeed have done a fresh install  

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Because it shows your graphics card as a standard VGA graphics adapter it suggests that you haven't installed the drivers for your graphics card. Go onto the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers for your card

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

My internet doesn't work either but i just downloaded it on my laptop and put it on a USB so it is now installing! Thanks mate! :)

So to get your internet working, go onto the motherboard manufacturers website, find your motherboard and download the drivers.

I dont suggest not downloading EVERY driver as some as useless and just use too much system resource. 

So to get your internet working, go onto the motherboard manufacturers website, find your motherboard and download the drivers.

I dont suggest not downloading EVERY driver as some as useless and just use too much system resource. 

i did that but i get errors and stuff going to try it again i'm just downloading the LAN driver right now