ASUS P5W DH Deluxe

Hi 

i bought a pc yesterday, i got it home, plugged it in and turned it on, it posted and booted from a hard drive, i turned it off to go to bed, woke up in the morning, pressed the power button and all it did was power the drive, cd-rom drives, fans but didnt post.

I have tried a different graphics card, ram cards, ram positions, cleared CMOS RTC RAM data checked to make sure jumpers are ok but still no outcome

please help because this pc would be a great base for a gaming pc

Cheers,

Michael

1 minute ago, monkeydude7230 said:

Hi 

i bought a pc yesterday, i got it home, plugged it in and turned it on, it posted and booted from a hard drive, i turned it off to go to bed, woke up in the morning, pressed the power button and all it did was power the drive, cd-rom drives, fans but didnt post.

I have tried a different graphics card, ram cards, ram positions, cleared CMOS RTC RAM data checked to make sure jumpers are ok but still no outcome

please help because this pc would be a great base for a gaming pc

Cheers,

Michael

Its possible that the motherboard has died, since it is getting old. My P5Q Deluxe has the same problem after being left unused for a couple of months. Do you have a BIOS speaker/buzzer, and do you get any beep codes if for example you don't install any of the RAM?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

it doesnt beep when theres no ram, but there is a buzzer because i restarted it yesterday and it beeped once and then continued to boot but still no output

Just now, monkeydude7230 said:

it doesnt beep when theres no ram, but there is a buzzer because i restarted it yesterday and it beeped once and then continued to boot but still no output

If you a quote a person (little arrow next to the + sign at the bottom of a post) they will get a notification that you responded.

I would also try a different psu.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

8 minutes ago, monkeydude7230 said:

Ok, if it beeped once, and continued to boot with no display output it would be the graphics card that's dead/at fault. That 1 beep is to say that the BIOS has run its check and everything is fine (which my P5 Deluxe doesn't do-but it does have bent pins in its CPU socket, so that's probably its problem).

PMSL

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Ok, if it beeped once, and continued to boot with no display output it would be the graphics card that's dead/at fault. That 1 beep is to say that the BIOS has run its check and everything is fine (which my P5 Deluxe doesn't do-but it does have bent pins in its CPU socket, so that's probably its problem).

what i meant was it continued to boot yesterday but still no output now

3 minutes ago, monkeydude7230 said:

what i meant was it continued to boot yesterday but still no output now

So no BIOS beep then? In that case its the motherboard is probably dead-looking at it on the Asus website, it is one of the earlier LGA775 motherboards to support the Core Duo.

PMSL

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

So no BIOS beep then? In that case its the motherboard is probably dead-looking at it on the Asus website, it is one of the earlier LGA775 motherboards to support the Core Duo.

yeah it is, but i dont understand how it can die overnight

4 minutes ago, monkeydude7230 said:

yeah it is, but i dont understand how it can die overnight

It just happens, especially if left plugged in as desktops still draw a tiny amount of power even when turned off.

PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

It just happens, especially if left plugged in as desktops still draw a tiny amount of power even when turned off.

ok, well i know where i can get another pc so i can just use that, thanks

1 minute ago, monkeydude7230 said:

ok, well i know where i can get another pc so i can just use that, thanks

You could always replace the motherboard, and if you wanted to do more with it, get one that can take the LGA775-771 socket mod-which lets it run the cheap LGA771 Xeons which are still very good.

PMSL