Best 1080p video card

6 minutes ago, wcreek said:

It's the over-hyping and subsequent high demand that hasn't been too friendly towards the launch of the RX 480. Many stores seemed to have very good stock of the 480s but now they've been sold out everywhere for so long. Which also delayed the AIB cards. Though the AIB cards also weren't launched alongside the reference 480 so that hasn't helped. But even for older games the RX 480 will still be able to play them just fine. 

I was surprised, through the launch of the 1080, 1070, and even 1060, there were spots on the shelves for all of them, but none for the RX 480. Truth be told, I thought the card I was buying was a reference card, only to find out that it was in fact a non-reference designed board. Both of the cards should be in the GTX 970/ R9 390X level, so yeah either one will likely do very well for older titles.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

6 minutes ago, wcreek said:

It's the over-hyping and subsequent high demand that hasn't been too friendly towards the launch of the RX 480. Many stores seemed to have very good stock of the 480s but now they've been sold out everywhere for so long. Which also delayed the AIB cards. Though the AIB cards also weren't launched alongside the reference 480 so that hasn't helped. But even for older games the RX 480 will still be able to play them just fine. 

Thanks m8 :) also do you think my i5 3570K 3.4 Ghz will bottleneck rx 480 ? I've looked up on some sites and they say it shouldnt what do you think ? 

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB HyperX RAM

CPU: R5 3600 

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming K4

4 minutes ago, Lolcrokn said:

Thanks m8 :) also do you think my i5 3570K 3.4 Ghz will bottleneck rx 480 ? I've looked up on some sites and they say it shouldnt what do you think ? 

I don't think it should. I mean generational gaps on Intel have been around 5%. So if it was an even 5% from Ivy Bridge to Skylake it would probably be about 15% though a couple generations in between Ivy Bridge and Skylake were less than 5% faster than the previous generation so it'd be a little less.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization