600-650$ gaming build

Doris

Hey guys i was just wondering if i could get some feedback on this build i put together for budget gaming http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VvVCLD I am open to any suggestions or improvements that you guys may suggest.

08898880 80Honestly, its pretty gud for the money, especially with the RX 480.

Groomlake Authority

Looks fine, 600W is overkill though. Get a power supply that is of better quality and lower wattage, check here:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Doris said:

Hey guys i was just wondering if i could get some feedback on this build i put together for budget gaming http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VvVCLD I am open to any suggestions or improvements that you guys may suggest.

I am tired of you guys posting things and wanting feedback, but never telling us your actual budget or what country you live in, or anything that could actually help us give you feedback or recommend new parts to you. I have to ask both of those questions 50% of the time these kinds of threads are posted. Please, someone make this a forum rule. 

P.S. It's not really your fault and you probably didn't know that, and I'm really not blaming anyone in particular, but it's really a waste of time for me and you together to have to post 4 additional replies just so that I can even start helping you.

I will most likely not respond to you in a thread unless you quote me.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

Damnit Carl (My portable POS):

CPU: Core i7-6700HQ

Motherboard: Toshiba L55-C5392 Mobo

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (even though I have Skylake)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530

Case: Toshiba L55-C5392 Case

Storage: 525 GB Crucial MX300 SSD

PSU: Whatever power jack comes with it

Display: Some 1366 x 768 garbage + an OK 1080p monitor

Cooling: Not enough + an external laptop tray

Keyboard: The included one

Mouse: $4 Lenovo 3D Optical Mouse (not as bad as you (rightly) assumed)

Sound: The Skullcandy branding right under the power button should clue you in

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker

1 hour ago, LordMastodon said:

I am tired of you guys posting things and wanting feedback, but never telling us your actual budget or what country you live in, or anything that could actually help us give you feedback or recommend new parts to you. I have to ask both of those questions 50% of the time these kinds of threads are posted. Please, someone make this a forum rule. 

P.S. It's not really your fault and you probably didn't know that, and I'm really not blaming anyone in particular, but it's really a waste of time for me and you together to have to post 4 additional replies just so that I can even start helping you.

If only we had the same currency.....

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

1 hour ago, Doris said:

This is a better psu for a few dollars cheaper.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/bQzZxr/seasonic-power-supply-ssr350st

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

I would suggest just going with a 16GB Dual Channel kit instead of a single stick of 8GB RAM.

I never recommend going single channel in any new build, you are just missing out on memory bandwidth for no real reason.

Also, your budget is $600-650, yet you are $200 under that. How much more would it be to get the i7 6700K?

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

34 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

If only we had the same currency.....

Yeah, or if they at least told us what country they live in or what currency they use, because parts have different price tags in different countries, which is, I assume, why PCPartPicker has different countries available, because none of those options switch it to a different language.

Although, now that I think about it, I am being a complete idiot because literally both of those things are in the title, "$600-650", so I would really like to apologize to the OP for my total and utter stupidity, and really just being a complete fool. Although maybe they could have made it slightly more apparent.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker

4 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

I would suggest just going with a 16GB Dual Channel kit instead of a single stick of 8GB RAM.

I never recommend going single channel in any new build, you are just missing out on memory bandwidth for no real reason.

Also, your budget is $600-650, yet you are $200 under that. How much more would it be to get the i7 6700K?

He's $200 under because the graphics card doesn't actually list its price on PCPartPicker.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, LordMastodon said:

22 minutes ago, LordMastodon said:

Yeah, or if they at least told us what country they live in or what currency they use, because parts have different price tags in different countries, which is, I assume, why PCPartPicker has different countries available, because none of those options switch it to a different language.

Although, now that I think about it, I am being a complete idiot because literally both of those things are in the title, "$600-650", so I would really like to apologize to the OP for my total and utter stupidity, and really just being a complete fool. Although maybe they could have made it slightly more apparent.

I live in Germany. No reason to apologize, if anything i should've made things clear instead of just stating my budget in the title.

Just now, Doris said:

I live in Germany. No reason to apologize, if anything i should've made things clear instead of just stating my budget in the title.

That's fine, I probably should have just payed more attention. Anyway, what's your budget in Euros? Because PCPartPicker has a German version that just automatically uses Euros and gives you the German prices of everything, so that's a lot easier for everyone and it means you won't be suddenly over budget or something when you convert it back to Euros (I know from a previous thread that PC parts are fucking expensive in Germany).

Spoiler

1 minute ago, LordMastodon said:

That's fine, I probably should have just payed more attention. Anyway, what's your budget in Euros? Because PCPartPicker has a German version that just automatically uses Euros and gives you the German prices of everything, so that's a lot easier for everyone and it means you won't be suddenly over budget or something when you convert it back to Euros (I know from a previous thread that PC parts are fucking expensive in Germany).

My budget in Euros is anywhere from 550 to 700 

43 minutes ago, LordMastodon said:

Well it's still negotiable, he could have referred to CAD or USD.  1.31 USD = 1 CAD big difference. 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

Just now, Carlos1010 said:

Well it's still negotiable, he could have referred to CAD or USD.  1.31 USD = 1 CAD big difference. 

No, we settled it, he lives in Germany so we're doing it in Euros anyway. Also, the odds of that are low, because even the Canadians probably don't want to be seen using their own money.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Doris said:

So, if you're willing to go 10 Euros over budget, I've compiled you this list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/dDWL2R

Otherwise, here's this list which isn't 10 Euros over budget: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/9yCPnn

The difference between the two is that the power supply in the first one is better quality and has more wattage, which will allow you some upgrade room in the future.

Overall, what I've done here is:

1. Downgraded to an i3-6100 because there's really no space in the budget for that i5.
  2. Upgraded to a slightly higher end board with the left-over money.
  3. Downgraded to 8 GB (honestly the best budget choice, because most games barely even touch 6-7 GB) RAM at 2133 MHz which is all the motherboard supports (as tested by Linus, clock speed doesn't have a large impact on performance). We could have gone with any speed above that as well, but that costs more, and the motherboard gets a tiny performance hit when it has to run the RAM at a lower clock speed so it's better to go with this.
  4. And I overall downgraded the power supply, although not by much and especially not by much with the top list.

Please note that all of the custom prices on the lists (the ones in black that you can't click) were found on Mindfactory.de.

Side note: Jesus, what do those German retailers do all day? Haggle the manufacturers to sell them hardware at higher prices just to dick everyone over? I mean the price tags are depressing.

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Doris said:

23 minutes ago, LordMastodon said:

Yeah i was considering going with an i3 as well. As far as the other changes are concerned i can see the parts you went with working out for me. But yeah the prices in general are honestly just outrageous.

Just now, Doris said:

Yeah i was considering going with an i3 as well. As far as the other changes are concerned i can see the parts you went with working out for me. But yeah the prices in general are honestly just outrageous.

So, is 10 Euros above the budget OK? That's why I provided that other list there, just so you could still use it if over budget meant you couldn't buy it.

Spoiler

Just now, LordMastodon said:

So, is 10 Euros above the budget OK? That's why I provided that other list there, just so you could still use it if over budget meant you couldn't buy it.

Yeah the extra 10 euros is fine with me since i would like to have some room for upgrades in the future.

Just now, Doris said:

Yeah the extra 10 euros is fine with me since i would like to have some room for upgrades in the future.

Alright, good. Well, I'm always happy to help.

Spoiler

Just now, LordMastodon said:

Alright, good. Well, I'm always happy to help.

I appreciate it a lot, thank you for your help and time.

Just now, Doris said:

I appreciate it a lot, thank you for your help and time.

It's no problem.

Spoiler