Trouble with AMD FX 6300

I had an asus GeForce GTX 750Ti but it was broken so I change it to a MSI GeForce GTX 970,and I noticed frame drops from 100 to 30 in Overwatch and from 130 to 50 in Rocket League.I thought it could be the issue with the 0.5GB not used in the 970 and I tested how much vram it used and it used 2000GB,after that i decided to see if the CPU worked fine and i noticed that it started working at 1400mhz when the game starts to have frame drops.what can i do?

Go into you BIOS and turn off AMD Cool N' Quiet. It downclocks the CPU during no/minimal load to save power. Intel has a very similar thing on their CPU's, and my 4790k sometimes would only run at 800mhz in games, so I turned it off. Should fix the issue.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Disable Turbo Core and APM in the bios, cool and quiet only downclocks when cpu is idle.

1 minute ago, oopolo said:

I cant enter the BIOS.

Not even by hitting delete repeatedly when turning on?

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

Not even by hitting delete repeatedly when turning on?

Nop.

Just now, oopolo said:

Nop.

Have you looked up any alternatives in your motherboard manual?

I edit my posts a lot.

11 minutes ago, oopolo said:

I cant enter the BIOS.

Well if you don't get it figured out, you could download AMD Overdrive and disable turbo core through that, although it does not disable APM on all boards, The reason you are dropping fps is because of APM.

Check clocks and temperature while playing. Maybe something is throttling or running in some power saving mode.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, LeStringMan said:

Well if you don't get it figured out, you could download AMD Overdrive and disable turbo core through that, although it does not disable APM on all boards, The reason you are dropping fps is because of APM.

But disabling turbo core makes the CPU work at not full power.

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Check clocks and temperature while playing. Maybe something is throttling or running in some power saving mode.

The temerature is 75 while playing.

Just now, oopolo said:

But disabling turbo core makes the CPU work at not full power.

Well you have to understand how Turbocore works, the FX-6300 can only actually turbo 3 of its cores to 4.1 ghz, the other three will drop to either 1.4 ghz or 3.0, which causes the stuttering you are mentioning, also your temps are a little high, try and keep cpu below 70c.

9 minutes ago, oopolo said:

The temerature is 75 while playing.

The GPU or the CPU? Check both.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

10 hours ago, oopolo said:

GPU:80 and CPU 75

oopolo, cool'n'quiet, turbo core, and every other power management feature are jsut fine: frequency will only drop when idle, and turbo core will in fact increase the frequency for a limited number of cores (and you will rearly find games using 6 cores, so you ineed want a boost on the ones actually used).

Your problem seems to be much simpler: 75 is above the maximum operating temprature for the FX-6300 (70.5). Throttling due to excessive temperature will lead to frequency drops under load, as opposed to what the power saving features do, and that cold easily account for the performance drops you experience. Are you on the stock cooler? Is your case conveniently ventilated? You may try to see if improving on temps solve the problem. You could probably disable thermal throttling, but that may simply be dangerous for your components.

11 hours ago, oopolo said:

GPU:80 and CPU 75

that's INSANELY HOT for an AMD CPU...max safe temps on this according to AMD is 62c...what cooler are you using? and make sure it's instaled properly with the correct amount of thermal paste...your CPU is running way too hot that's why it trottle down :(

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR