Youtube fullscreen leaves gap?

Octavialicious

I'm really confused atm, never encountered this glitch. Essentially when watching YT in fullscreen, the video is shifted a little bit and I can see part of my wallpaper in the background

072292fd030c97d7749e20143a013430.jpg

It's hard to see but at the top right and top you can see a little purple, which is my desktop wallpaper. Any ideas? I've restarted my PC several times and changed the scaling option in nvidia control panel to fullscreen.

Thanks!

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

24 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

I'm really confused atm, never encountered this glitch. Essentially when watching YT in fullscreen, the video is shifted a little bit and I can see part of my wallpaper in the background

072292fd030c97d7749e20143a013430.jpg

It's hard to see but at the top right and top you can see a little purple, which is my desktop wallpaper. Any ideas? I've restarted my PC several times and changed the scaling option in nvidia control panel to fullscreen.

Thanks!

Test it on a different browser and what is the current browser your using to view Youtube?

Are you running Java, HTML5, or have both activated at the same time?

Make sure your add-ons don't conflict with the Youtube videos and that goes for newly installed add-ons.

1 minute ago, Supermangik said:

Test it on a different browser and what is the current browser your using to view Youtube?

Are you running Java, HTML5, or have both activated at the same time?

Make sure your add-ons don't conflict with the Youtube videos and that goes for newly installed add-ons.

Yeah none of the add ons did it, disabled them and it was still happening. I will try Edge, and I'm using only HTML5 I think

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

16 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

Yeah none of the add ons did it, disabled them and it was still happening. I will try Edge, and I'm using only HTML5 I think

If I remember correctly, this was a problem due to Adobe Flash. If you are using Chrome, that should fix the problem. If not, try uninstalling Adobe Flash and running it once more after you restarted your browser. I personally use Chrome, and I don't really like Edge nor Firefox.

Also, go here,

https://www.youtube.com/html5

Make sure your browser is supporting html5.

If you are using Chrome, check to make sure you allowed Youtube to have Full Screen access,

Go to www.youtube.com

the "padlock" next to the youtube address bar, click on it, and go down to "site settings,"

screen down to where you see, "Full Screen," and make sure it is allowed.

If still you're confused how to give Chrome permission to allow FullScreen, go here,

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6148059

Also, check if your browser is fully updated to the current version.

Another step is to also check if you have current drivers for your video card.

7 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

If I remember correctly, this was a problem due to Adobe Flash. If you are using Chrome, that should fix the problem. If not, try uninstalling Adobe Flash and running it once more after you restarted your browser. I personally use Chrome, and I don't really like Edge nor Firefox.

The youtube magic actions extension on chrome allows you to force HTML5 always :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

The youtube magic actions extension on chrome allows you to force HTML5 always :)

That's such a weird extension. My best guess is that all it does is just disable Adobe Flash Player in chrome://plugins, which really.. seems useless. Meh, I don't know. But if you want to always have HTML5 over Adobe, you can just disable it under chromes plugin.

To OP,

Go to Chrome://Plugins

Where you see Adoble Plugin, click "disable." *You might need to restart browser/computer*

Tell me what happens after, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

That's such a weird extension. My best guess is that all it does is just disable Adobe Flash Player in chrome://plugins, which really.. seems useless. Meh, I don't know. But if you want to always have HTML5 over Adobe, you can just disable it under chromes plugin.

To OP,

Where you see Adoble Plugin, click "disable." *You might need to restart browser/computer*

How is that weird?

It lets you

-force default resolution

-force disable annotations

-force better video preloading

-force html5

-disable certain parts of the youtube screen like description, or comments, or recommended videos, etc..

-enable a "dark mode" which looks awesome

-and a bunch of other things

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yeah, I've used it for ages. HTML5 is gucci money

10 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

To OP,

Disabled adobe manually too, didn't seem to change anything :(

17 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

Disabled adobe manually too, didn't seem to change anything :(

Seems to be a recent problem.

Open the video again that was giving you trouble, and go into Full Screen. After, press F11.

2 hours ago, Supermangik said:

Seems to be a recent problem.

Open the video again that was giving you trouble, and go into Full Screen. After, press F11.

nope :(