Quickfire TK, LED Backlight Water Damaged.

I was pouring myself a glass of water out of a water bottle next to my keyboard, a tiny bit of water splashed on the right side of my keyboard & the right arrow key LED light flashed 10 minutes later then turned off, is there any way possible to repair the short-circuit that likely occurred ?

first of all you should open up the casing and have a look at how it all looks.

then maybe hold an LEDs contectors to the contacts of the Burnt out LED so that the current can flow thru the new LED. If it lights up proberly, the LED in the KB is just burnt out and should be replaceable. You will have to desolder it and maybe the switch aswell, you'll have to see.

If it doesn't light up, the traces might have been damaged in some way, not much I can help you with at that point.

This guy makes great videos on mechanical keyboards including assembly/disassembly, it really helps understand how a cherry MX switch is mounted on the keyboard: https://www.youtube.com/user/WhiteFireDragon

EDIT: does the key itself work?

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE