Xbox 360 to PC

ItsDanish

i ordered a xbox 350 wireless controller reciever for pc and my pc is detecting it as an unknown device and it says. i probably need the driver from the disk it came with but i dont have a dvd reader in my pc what do i do? im using windows 10

10 minutes ago, ItsDanish said:

i ordered a xbox 350 wireless controller reciever for pc and my pc is detecting it as an unknown device and it says. i probably need the driver from the disk it came with but i dont have a dvd reader in my pc what do i do? im using windows 10

With Windows 10, the driver should be installed automatically. Try unplugging it and using a different USB Port.  

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 XX Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer XX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory XX GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II XX Case: Phanteks Evolve ATX XX Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD ; Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD; Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB HDD XX PSU: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 hours ago, Farmall200 said:

With Windows 10, the driver should be installed automatically. Try unplugging it and using a different USB Port.  

the usb port is defenitely wokring its just detecting it as an unknown device

4 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Follow these instructions on the Xbox site maybe you missed something 

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

if not follow this video for driver issues you may be having 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8JL75xVfY3c

thanks! although I am very pissed that i wasnt aware that i could've just connected my controller via a play and charging kit and i wasted 10$ on the receiver. I asked on a previous post if i could use my play and charging kit instead of a receiver and everyone said no

3 hours ago, ItsDanish said:

thanks! although I am very pissed that i wasnt aware that i could've just connected my controller via a play and charging kit and i wasted 10$ on the receiver. I asked on a previous post if i could use my play and charging kit instead of a receiver and everyone said no

That is a myth, the play and charge kit does not work on PC. They're very specific about this on their homepage and I can tell you that it doesn't work from experience as well. The play and charge kit works exlusively for charging, not USB connectivity.

You didn't waste your Money.

On 7/31/2016 at 1:27 AM, MVPernula said:

That is a myth, the play and charge kit does not work on PC. They're very specific about this on their homepage and I can tell you that it doesn't work from experience as well. The play and charge kit works exlusively for charging, not USB connectivity.

You didn't waste your Money.

i already owned one  for my xbox so it didnt hurt to try

4 minutes ago, ItsDanish said:

i already owned one  for my xbox so it didnt hurt to try

Yeah same for me, I was tired of running out of batteries in the middle of games. Tried it for PC, didn't work!