Lenovo y50-70 gtx960M issues?

meneedhelp
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
5 hours ago, meneedhelp said:

nothing to hot i have a laptop cooler so that doesn't happen, do you know what i can do to fix my failing gpu i do not want to send it back to lenovo because they take sooo long 

You can't do anything about it. Its hardware issue, only option is to replace broken piece and while you have warranty, its cheaper to let Lenovo handle it.

For some time now i have had my lenovo y50-70 touch and recently it has been having some issues. I have been getting like random white dots lines etc randomly in the game, this usally hapens when i am playing a gta v and bo3. I am not sure what the problem is but idk if it is a driver issue because i have been downgrading drivers and still nothing. Also On gta v i am only using 1754 of my 2GB soi am not sure that the problem is please help all advise appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Sounds like your GPU may be failing. What kinds of temperatures are you getting during games?

3 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

Sounds like your GPU may be failing. What kinds of temperatures are you getting during games?

nothing to hot i have a laptop cooler so that doesn't happen, do you know what i can do to fix my failing gpu i do not want to send it back to lenovo because they take sooo long 

Also are you sure, Because like a week or to ago I was having screen issues basically they ran a full on Computer test and they said my computer was good. But i do not know. Again this has only recently started happening 

You can't do anything about it. Its hardware issue, only option is to replace broken piece and while you have warranty, its cheaper to let Lenovo handle it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, meneedhelp said:

Also are you sure, Because like a week or to ago I was having screen issues basically they ran a full on Computer test and they said my computer was good. But i do not know. Again this has only recently started happening 

I do not think it is failing I looked up all the symptoms for a failing gpu and it was nothing like mine. My gpu is not having artifacts stuff its just having a white out line pop out then goes back in i do not know

11 minutes ago, meneedhelp said:

I do not think it is failing I looked up all the symptoms for a failing gpu and it was nothing like mine. My gpu is not having artifacts stuff its just having a white out line pop out then goes back in i do not know

Thats GPU issue. Whether its because of drivers or hardware is hard to tell. While line is kinda artifact. Same with black lines, striping etc. All similar symptoms. Another would be screen having some issue, either because of hardware malfunction, or something has damaged it physically.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

49 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thats GPU issue. Whether its because of drivers or hardware is hard to tell. While line is kinda artifact. Same with black lines, striping etc. All similar symptoms. Another would be screen having some issue, either because of hardware malfunction, or something has damaged it physically.

i recently like a 2 weeks ago i got my computer fixed they said they ran a full hard ware scan and they said there was only a issue with the screen, this problem has been happening even before i got my pc fixed. So could it be a driver issue or can manufachuar not tell if my gpu is supposed failing with the test they run?

i recently like a 2 weeks ago i got my computer fixed they said they ran a full hard ware scan and they said there was only a issue with the screen, this problem has been happening even before i got my pc fixed. So could it be a driver issue or can manufachuar not tell if my gpu is supposed failing with the test they run?

I don't know. My previous laptop had mobo and GPU issues and went through RMA 3 times.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So what do you think I should do, because at this point I am just clue less

• 2 months later...

Hey everybody I have a gaming laptop with a gtx 960m and usally I have no problems. It all started in july or so when I started gaming for long periods of time then I noticed white lines popping out from the textures its werid and I do not know what it is called or the issue. It may be artifacts but by looking at what others artifacts in game looks like, the does not seem to be the problem possibly. Also recently I got my hard drive replaced due to a error, I noticed that there where no issues and the game was running perfectly, and then I started messing with the Nvidia Control Panel and my intel HD Control panel and issues started to arise again. I do not know If the Intel HD 4600 Grpahics has part in this cause I always use the Nvidia Graphics. Thanks for the help I can try to get some videos of it but when I record with shadowplay, Nvidias built in Game recorder, I do not see it.

1 hour ago, meneedhelp said:

Hey everybody I have a gaming laptop with a gtx 960m and usally I have no problems. It all started in july or so when I started gaming for long periods of time then I noticed white lines popping out from the textures its werid and I do not know what it is called or the issue. It may be artifacts but by looking at what others artifacts in game looks like, the does not seem to be the problem possibly. Also recently I got my hard drive replaced due to a error, I noticed that there where no issues and the game was running perfectly, and then I started messing with the Nvidia Control Panel and my intel HD Control panel and issues started to arise again. I do not know If the Intel HD 4600 Grpahics has part in this cause I always use the Nvidia Graphics. Thanks for the help I can try to get some videos of it but when I record with shadowplay, Nvidias built in Game recorder, I do not see it.

Do what people in this thread have said 2 months ago, send it in for rma.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I got my GPU tested, and they said there where no issues with it. This was best buy who tested it too

34 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Do what people in this thread have said 2 months ago, send it in for rma.

Could It be something In the Nvidia or Intel control panel that caused this, cause it just started happening again lasrt night after I installed a mod on gta v and I changed the control panel settings but I put them back to defualt and its still happening