Fishy command

BlueGod

So theres this guy who i sorta trust but cant be 100% sure about him and he told me to put del %SystemDrive%\Windows\system32

and type it into a notpad and save it or something im really terrible with computers and know nothing about coding but seeing del and system32 in one line cannot be a good sign so i wanted to see if anyone here could clear this up for me

Yeah, don't. del stands for delete.

Not sure if trolling,but whatever.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Windows is pretty smart, it won't actually do anything. But yeah, bad code 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

It only took a google search on that command to bring up "Deadly Virus". I would stay away from that dude.

I have many leather-bound books.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6800K - 4.3 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe II | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU:  Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 | PSU: Corsair RM750i | Case: NZXT Switch 810 | Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 Hydro | Monitors: Acer G257HU - Acer GN246HL | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Razer Mamba -  Astro A50

Just now, KuJoe said:

Welcome to the internet, you're going to like it here.

Yeah the dude had set it up really nice though. He had tons of ppl commenting on how it worked and stuff in the comments and he had his video unlisted so it didnt get "Anymore publicity" which would make sense if u knew the circumstances and im too lazy to explain the circumstances. The trolls are getting smarter these days i gotta be more careful

12 hours ago, BlueGod said:

So theres this guy who i sorta trust but cant be 100% sure about him and he told me to put del %SystemDrive%\Windows\system32

and type it into a notpad and save it or something im really terrible with computers and know nothing about coding but seeing del and system32 in one line cannot be a good sign so i wanted to see if anyone here could clear this up for me

In a batch file (.bat) you can access environment variables using %x% where x is the variable you want to access.

"Systemdrive" is a enviroment variable preloaded by windows with the OS's drive letter, thus %SystemDrive%\Windows\system32 would be expanded to "x:\Windows\system32" where x is the drive letter for your OS.

You'd actually have to execute the batch file for it to do anything, just saving that line in a file won't do much :P