Best monitor for my GTX1080?

RRGT19

Hi,

I have a GTX1080, I want a monitor for gaming, daily use and coding, I create software with Visual Studio.

Budget: $500

I only like IPS monitors of 24" or 27" inches.

I was thinking about:

1. LG 29UM58 $240

2. Dell U2717D $440

any other?, help me with my choice please

1 minute ago, RGT said:

Hi,

I have a GTX1080, I want a monitor for gaming, daily use and coding, I create software with Visual Studio.

Budget: $500

I only like IPS monitors of 24" or 27" inches.

I was thinking about:

1. LG 29UM58 $240

2. Dell U2717D $440

any other?, help me with my choice please

What games and what sort of 'daily use tasks' do you find yourself performing?  

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

3 minutes ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

What games and what sort of 'daily use tasks' do you find yourself performing?  

GTA V, FALLOUT 4, WITCHER 3, newer games...

Visual Studio, Adobe, web browsing, Movies, etc...

All I can really say is that I have the ultrawide and I love it.

I use the MX 279 H from asus and i love it, ips, 27in, 60hz, for $300, also it looks great, its a very popular monitor, all my friends have it

I would probably get something that's high refresh if possible. I mean it's a 1080 and you'll be hammering out frames like a madman. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

41 minutes ago, werto165 said:

I would probably get something that's high refresh if possible. I mean it's a 1080 and you'll be hammering out frames like a madman. 

Like which one?

53 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

All I can really say is that I have the ultrawide and I love it.

What model do you have and why you love it?

1 hour ago, RGT said:

GTA V, FALLOUT 4, WITCHER 3, newer games...

Visual Studio, Adobe, web browsing, Movies, etc...

I'd say try get a 27 inch monitor then if you aren't doing any super competitive gaming and doing more graphically pleasing and watching movies try and try go for either a 1440p 144htz or 4K monitor to really take advantage of all that horsepower at you fingertips. If you can fit that into your budget go for it. Don't know any specific models... 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

I recommend the Dell S2716DG

Note, it is NOT IPS, but it may as well be... I used to use cheap TN monitors until I bought one of the Korean 27 IPS's three ish years ago and was amazed by it, ever since I've primarily bought Dell Ultrasharps, and I became one of those snobs who says TN is garbage. Well, I got the S2716DG a few months ago and I have to eat my words, its now my primary monitor...

I does have color shift, but I don't fling my head side to side when web browsing, so I never notice it. And there is a slight pink tint that I can't seem to get rid of, but other than that I really can't find any complaints. Honestly the only time I notice the pink tint is when I move a window over to one of the side IPS monitors, and its splitting the bezel, and I promptly forget about it.  Amazon reviews have a lot of good baselines to go with for a calibration that will suit you.

Its typically $510 at Amazon, but as of this post it is higher because Amazon is out of stock of them. Occasionally it will drop around $460 either on Amazon or Newegg.

Its likely a personal preference, but I absolutely hated the 29UM58. I gave it a good try for about a week, and had to return it as it just felt weird to use, I really don't know how to explain it other than it seemed too short even though it really is about the same height as a 21" 16:9 (IIRC).