NZXT S340 third front fan.

gavanorio

Hi!

I'm looking for a compact full ATX and good looking case. So my main option right now is the NZXT S340 case. It is perfect for my needs. 

Only has a problem: I have 3 HDD + 1 SSD. This case supports up to 3 HDD's but in that lower case, with the PSU there and 3 mechanical drives, it might be very hot and i dont want to screw up my drives. So what i'm thinking is to install (Idk how really, might be double sided tape or zip ties) a 3rd fan. A 80mm fan like this one 

NZXT-S340-3.jpg

I only want to know if a small fan of this size would fit inside the dust filter. This could help with the heat disipation of my hard drives, moving some hot air up via the different holes in the case.

Thanks

I have an s340 myself, and based on what I'm seeing, here's what you would have to do:

The fan would have to be no thicker than 15mm, (20mm thick I guess could work...) because there is only 30mm of clearance between the front of the case and the fan filter. And an 80mm fan would actually be possible to fit there (nothing larger though), provided it was no thicker than 15mm (again, 20mm could probably work)

But there is no where near enough space to put it behind the fan filter, with only 10mm of clearance. 

15 minutes ago, Knaj said:

But there is no where near enough space to put it behind the fan filter, with only 10mm of clearance. 

This fan is 0.6" (15mm) thick. There's no enough space behind the filter right?

1 minute ago, Knaj said:

No, you would have to put it in front of the filter.

But that will work just fine :)

Great! Thank you very much for your help.

Hi

may be Phanteks P400S will be a better choice in this case?