[UPDATE] Next BlackBerry device announced

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Not sure what planet you live on, but you do not seem to be from Earth.

1) Android is not in a race to the bottom. In fact, flagship phones has gotten more and more expensive as time goes on. The S7 is way more expensive than the S2 was at launch. What has happened is that we see a wider spectrum of Android devices than what we have seen before. Both the low, medium and high end devices has gotten a lot better in the last couple of years.

2) How is it not sustainable to increase performance while also reducing price? Electronics becomes cheaper as time goes on.

3) What is he refusing to buy at the MSRP? This phone? Yeah, because it is not that good at the MSRP. What is he contributing to? Increasing price:performance? Good. We should all contribute towards that.

4) 300 dollars for this is not appealing. It's just a rebranded Alcatel Idol 4.

And yes that is right, this is a rebranded Alcatel Idol 4. So you know those "cheap Chinese OEMs" that you seem to dislike? This phone is designed and built by them, and then BlackBerry just puts their sticker on it.

Would you buy this phone for 300 dollars if it had an Alcatel sticker on it instead of a BlackBerry one?

The S617 is not meant for 200 dollar devices. it's meant for $300 devices.

I don't buy phones for their manufacturer name. And Alcatel would probably have worse support  than Blackberry.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

No it's not. And Alcatel is a company focusing on budget. Alcatel is the minority. Not the majority.

Doesn't change a thing, Alcatel is a French company, owned by Nokia, a Finnish company, that does mid range AND bufget devices, the Idol 4 is exactly this phone with just a different back cover. Idol 4 is fairly priced, this is over priced. 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

The S617 is not meant for 200 dollar devices. it's meant for $300 devices.

Source?

I don't buy phones for their manufacturer name.

Judging by basically all your previous posts I would heavily disagree with that statement.

And Alcatel would probably have worse support  than Blackberry.

And you base that on...?

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Doesn't change a thing, Alcatel is a French company, owned by Nokia, a Finnish company, that does mid range AND bufget devices, the Idol 4 is exactly this phone with just a different back cover. Idol 4 is fairly priced, this is over priced. 

I am fairly sure Nokia got bought out and that the Alcatel mobile phone brand is now completely owned by a Chinese company. I might be wrong though.

Just now, LAwLz said:

Source?

Common Sense and the fact that S2xx and S4xx devices are priced between $100-200

Just now, LAwLz said:

Judging by basically all your previous posts I would heavily disagree with that statement.

If Xioami made a sexy Windows Phone I would look at it and consider it.

Just now, LAwLz said:

And you base that on...?

Paying more often means paying for better support.

Just now, LAwLz said:

I am fairly sure Nokia got bought out and that the Alcatel mobile phone brand is now completely owned by a Chinese company. I might be wrong though.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Common Sense and the fact that S2xx and S4xx devices are priced between $100-200

I do not trust your "common sense".

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If Xioami made a sexy Windows Phone I would look at it and consider it.

Kind of contradicting yourself aren't you? You say brand doesn't matter, then you specifically say that if a certain brand made a particular phone then you would consider it.

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Paying more often means paying for better support.

That is not at all some universal truth. Also, by that logic this phone would be a good buy at 800 dollars, because "If you pay that much for such crappy specs the support must be awesome!". Sometimes things are just overpriced.

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Nokia mobility got bought out, Nokia is still there. And the subsidiary Alcatel OneTouch is owned in part by a chinese company, TLC, and Alcatel-Lucent which was bought by Nokia 

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcatel-Lucent

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I do not trust your "common sense".

Kind of contradicting yourself aren't you? You say brand doesn't matter, then you specifically say that if a certain brand made a particular phone then you would consider it.

Well I was giving an example. I would buy from Xioami, HP, Samsung, HTC, Huawei etc.

If any of them made a sexy windows phone I would look at it and consider buying it.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

That is not at all some universal truth. Also, by that logic this phone would be a good buy at 800 dollars, because "If you pay that much for such crappy specs the support must be awesome!". Sometimes things are just overpriced.

Sometimes but this isn't the case.