things seems to have changed on my PC whilst i was gone... SSD about to die?

Ok so i have been on vacation for over a month now, like 6 weeks or something and before i went i powered of and unplugged my PC to protect it in case of lightning strikes and all that stuff but now when i came back i noticed that my music folder was empty, i had a few GB of music in there and i dont even remember all of it, and now when i started my computer(from hyper sleep, not powered off) i had to log in with my password to my microsoft account again, something i fixed one or two one or two weeks before going away, and my computer went to power saving mode whilst using it yesterday and i went into the settings and it looked like it was fine but i created a custom profile for it anyway to put it into performance mode. im not sure what is going on but everything on my HDD seems to be ok this far but something hapaned with it whilst it was powered off it seems and im not sure what is wrong. my SSD i know is pretty poop and its somehting i wouldent really mind upgrading but i dont really want to spend any money on that seeing as im pretty tight on cash(as always :/ ) but if anyone knows what the problem probably is please tell me because if its software related then instead of hardware that would be nice but if it is hardware i guess i have no choice but to change, and there is probably something thats changed that i still havent caught so if i find anything else wrong then il update here.  thanks for any help and any replies :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Have you tried looking at smart readings? Crystaldiskinfo maybe? :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Have you tried looking at smart readings? Crystaldiskinfo maybe? :D 

nope, i havent, were can i find SMART readings? il download crystal disk and check that tho

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

nope, i havent, were can i find SMART readings? il download crystal disk and check that tho

You answered it yourself...crystaldiskinfo is one of the programs you can use to check em :) 

You answered it yourself...crystaldiskinfo is one of the programs you can use to check em :) 

oh lol, i looked at a wiki article and got the impression that it was a built in feature in Windows :P thanks il go look at it now

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

oh lol, i looked at a wiki article and got the impression that it was a built in feature in Windows :P thanks il go look at it now

Think there is but I can't remember where to check it :P 

How's the troubleshooting going for your LAN PC? 

Think there is but I can't remember where to check it :P 

How's the troubleshooting going for your LAN PC? 

swapped the RAM on it and it seems to be working good now

anyway the values look pretty good and its at 100% health aparently and the definatly most fun value is the power on hours, 4730h xD and its read and written almost one GB per power on hour too :o

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

swapped the RAM on it and it seems to be working good now

Nice :D 

anyway the values look pretty good and its at 100% health aparently and the definatly most fun value is the power on hours, 4730h xD and its read and written almost one GB per power on hour too :o

Ah, so close to the 5000ish hours on my MX100 256GB in my desktop :P 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Nice :D 

Ah, so close to the 5000ish hours on my MX100 256GB in my desktop :P 

well il see if anything else acts weird and if anything else is missing, might have lost some data after beeing powered off for over a month, tho data rot shouldent happen that fast...

Builds:

Spoiler

well il see if anything else acts weird and if anything else is missing, might have lost some data after beeing powered off for over a month, tho data rot shouldent happen that fast...

Or really at all...wonder if any data's going to be missing from my evo and mx100...

Or really at all...wonder if any data's going to be missing from my evo and mx100...

hope not and probably not tbh, not sure whats hapaned to my SSD but i hope it will be fine after this

Builds:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

hope not and probably not tbh, not sure whats hapaned to my SSD but i hope it will be fine after this

Both been left unattended for 2 months before so...don't see why it should change 

Both been left unattended for 2 months before so...don't see why it should change 

probably just fine :) 

Builds:

Spoiler