Is it worth investing in a ultrawide monitor?

Profoundsoup

I have heard that not everything is supported, some games suck ass with ultrawide, some games wont work with ultrawide, some games you need to "mod" to get to work. Are these things I should be worried about if I am looking into a ultrawide monitor. Personally I want things to just work and I want to get a good experience out of my $900+ purchase. 

its great getting an ultra wide, but your right it does carry some problems. 

You may be better off buying two 16:9 monitors and mounting the two side by side, doesnt look as well but it may solve some compatibility issues that you may encounter as you can use just the one

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

4 minutes ago, Profoundsoup said:

I have heard that not everything is supported, some games suck ass with ultrawide, some games wont work with ultrawide, some games you need to "mod" to get to work. Are these things I should be worried about if I am looking into a ultrawide monitor. Personally I want things to just work and I want to get a good experience out of my $900+ purchase. 

Best thing I've done to my setup was to buy an ultrawide. I mainly play new AAA titles so there hasn't been an issue at all for me. Usually older games don't support 21:9.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Personally I think ultrawides are stupid. I don't see why people like them so much. Just get two 16:9 monitors. It is far better for multitasking since you can run two programs in full screen mode. Most likely cheaper as well (for the same quality panels).

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Personally I think ultrawides are stupid. I don't see why people like them so much. Just get two 16:9 monitors. It is far better for multitasking since you can run two programs in full screen mode. Most likely cheaper as well (for the same quality panels).

For video editing they are nice though. 

8 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

For video editing they are nice though. 

How is an ultrawide nicer than two 16:9 monitors for video editing?

I just don't get the appeal.

Just now, LAwLz said:

How is an ultrawide nicer than two 16:9 monitors for video editing?

I just don't get the appeal.

Well I guess your right. Most editing softwares support multiple monitors. 

Some old games may require a bit of tweaking, but new releases will work fine. You get a much wider field of view, and at the moment can get a higher refresh rate than 4K panels.