Can't unplug my fibre optic network cable.

iPhynx

Last night I unplugged it and plugged it back in while my virgin media router was on. The internet still works but I can't move the router to a different room. That sucks. Anyone got a solution?

lol you said "virgin"

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, DXMember said:

lol you said "virgin"

Hilarious...

Just now, iPhynx said:

Hilarious...

I don't understand what is the problem?

you cannot remove the RJ45 cable or you can't pick up your router?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

7 minutes ago, DXMember said:

I don't understand what is the problem?

you cannot remove the RJ45 cable or you can't pick up your router?

I can't unplug the fibre optic cable, not the ethernet one. The second image is the actual cable in the router.

download.jpg

1469363162276-1303153594.jpg

8 minutes ago, iPhynx said:

I can't unplug the fibre optic cable, not the ethernet one. The second image is the actual cable in the router.

download.jpg

make sure it's not screwed in

43 minutes ago, DXMember said:

That was easy...i never thought it'd be screwed on... Thanks! And yeah, the forums screwed the reply up into a quote.

8 minutes ago, iPhynx said:
52 minutes ago, DXMember said:

That was easy...i never thought it'd be screwed on... Thanks! And yeah, the forums screwed the reply up into a quote.

you still said "virgin" though

12 hours ago, iPhynx said:
12 hours ago, DXMember said:

Now I could be wrong, but that very much looks like an RG6 coaxial cable.

35 minutes ago, Wombo said:

Now I could be wrong, but that very much looks like an RG6 coaxial cable.

Yeah it does. I know Verizon does Fiber to the ONT on your house. Then Coax from the ONT to the router. Maybe thats how virgin setup the service. If you, Then its just moving or running a new Coax from the ONT to the new room. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 hours ago, iPhynx said:

download.jpg

This is definitely Coaxial, not fiber. I'm pretty sure Virgin Media's "Fiber" service is Fiber To The Node in most areas. But I'm not in the UK so I don't know that for sure.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

11 hours ago, brwainer said:

This is definitely Coaxial, not fiber. I'm pretty sure Virgin Media's "Fiber" service is Fiber To The Node in most areas. But I'm not in the UK so I don't know that for sure.

Even if it was fiber to the house. They dont do fiber to the router. They bring fiber in to your home and convert it to Ethernet or Coax. Just depends. From my understanding if you have TV service from Verzion they use Coax as it also does the TV signal. 

Of course you could be correct. Maybe Virgin is a cable company like Comcast. In which case its Fiber to the Node and Coax to the home. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.