Full ATX Cases. Would like some reasonably priced ideas of what to purchase.

Would like some awesome and reasonably priced ideas for a Full ATX Case.
My budget is $190 USD and anything less obviously if its worth it.

Haven't been able to find something that's really ticked the box for me as a full ATX case unfortunately, so im hoping
You can inspire me. 
Thanks in advance. - TPG
Please LINK the case in your comment so i may see it directly preferably, thank you.

Heres my build if you're interested: 
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/gWd7WX

get anything else then phanteks. i own a phanteks enthoo luxe. Build Quality is mediocre at best.

After 1 year in use the case produces a cracking noise. Coming from the front visor.

it came with

- scratches on the window

- window makes cracking noise, even if its not installed xD (not kidding)

- scratches in the mangel paintwork

- relative instabile design

- 1 lose rivet which supports even more instability and vibration sounds.

- bad deburring so i had to take a Makita drilling machine to be able to screw my PSU in place (evga 750w g2).

All this combined with a mediocre Airflow. Half of the design works, the other doesnt. F.e. the bottom of the case is not really functional. You cant work with a 140mm fan because the screw holes are very nearly placed to your psu (cables). and you shouldnt remove the HDD cages to produce even more instabilty. My initial error / to do better list was about 28fails after buying it. I personally cant recommend these cases.

You can say "oh well you just had bad luck". But meh, think about if you can have that much "bad luck" with a case, would you still recommend it? The only two benefits i can think of its worth buying is:

A: its easy to clean.

B: it looks badass if you mod it and invest time and money to make it work better.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Fractal Design Define S. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

On 7/23/2016 at 0:12 PM, Curufinwe_wins said:

Fractal Design Define S. 

Agreed. Define S is a extremely well built case. If you want some extra features like removable fan filters at the front or even a built in case fan get the Define R4 or R5. I have the R4 and love it! Fractal cases are easy to work in and look great even without a side panel window. Comes with sound dampening foam and lots of spots for fans. 

Define S: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/yLDzK8/fractal-design-case-fdcadefsbkw

Just now, Busconian said:

Agreed. Define S is a extremely well built case. If you want some extra features like removable fan filters at the front or even a built in case fan get the Define R4 or R5. I have the R4 and love it! Fractal cases are easy to work in and look great even without a side panel window. Comes with sound dampening foam and lots of spots for fans. 

Define S: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/yLDzK8/fractal-design-case-fdcadefsbkw

Define S has removable fan filters as well, but the psu one is only at the back sadly. All three come with two fans.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

Define S has removable fan filters as well, but the psu one is only at the back sadly. All three come with two fans.

Yea.... Thats why I like the R4/5 personally. Got mine used for $55 USD! Totally worth it. :D 

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

23 hours ago, Energycore said:

i like the looks of it, especially with "closed top". But its overpriced, most of it is plastic -.-

On 7/23/2016 at 6:57 PM, DarkSmith2 said:

get anything else then phanteks. i own a phanteks enthoo luxe. Build Quality is mediocre at best.

After 1 year in use the case produces a cracking noise. Coming from the front visor.

it came with

- scratches on the window

- window makes cracking noise, even if its not installed xD (not kidding)

- scratches in the mangel paintwork

- relative instabile design

- 1 lose rivet which supports even more instability and vibration sounds.

- bad deburring so i had to take a Makita drilling machine to be able to screw my PSU in place (evga 750w g2).

All this combined with a mediocre Airflow. Half of the design works, the other doesnt. F.e. the bottom of the case is not really functional. You cant work with a 140mm fan because the screw holes are very nearly placed to your psu (cables). and you shouldnt remove the HDD cages to produce even more instabilty. My initial error / to do better list was about 28fails after buying it. I personally cant recommend these cases.

You can say "oh well you just had bad luck". But meh, think about if you can have that much "bad luck" with a case, would you still recommend it? The only two benefits i can think of its worth buying is:

A: its easy to clean.

B: it looks badass if you mod it and invest time and money to make it work better.

Build quality mediocre ? Sorry but every single review on the internet disagrees with you. The scratches on the window can't be blamed on Phanteks either as that was obviously caused in transit.

Also the Phanteks case doesn't use rivets as far as I am aware. It is screwed together.

34 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Also the Phanteks case doesn't use rivets as far as I am aware. It is screwed together.

So you have no idea what you are talking about and doesnt own any of their cases.

Rivet1r.jpg

rivet2r.jpg

actually rivets are everywhere in that case, front, back, top, interior.

34 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Build quality mediocre ? Sorry but every single review on the internet disagrees with you. The scratches on the window can't be blamed on Phanteks either as that was obviously caused in transit.

Yes and they get paid for it. And i dont. Im a real owner of the product, and i can agree with reviews in the fact that it delivers alot of features. But there are no longtime tests in reviews at all, and those poeple reviewing cases stand no chance to do so. On the first look the case seems great. But on a deeper view you get what you pay for, in that special case you pay for features and not for build quality. I read those reviews, thats why i bought that case and now i do regret the choice.

The scratches are 100% blamable with Phanteks, the scratches doesnt came from transit it was really well packed, they just dont do any quality control, i bought my case in a store by myself, and inspected 5 cases and decided to go with the one that had the least amount of horrible scratches. Even the Window Panel they sell seperate had scratches on it out of the box.

5 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

So you have no idea what you are talking about and doesnt own any of there cases.

Rivet1r.jpg

rivet2r.jpg

actually rivets are everywhere in that case, front, back, interior.

Yes and they get paid for it. And i dont. Im a real owner of the product, and i can agree with reviews in the fact that it delivers alot of features. But there are no longtime tests in reviews at all, and those poeple rewieving cases stand no chance to do so. On the first look the case seems great. But on a deeper view you get what you pay for, in that special case you pay for features and not for build quality. I read those reviews, thats why i bought that case and now i do regret the choice.

The scratches are 100% blamable with Phanteks, the scratches doesnt came from transit it was really well packed, they just dont do any quality control, i bought my case in a store by myself, and inspected 5 cases and decided to go with the one that had the least amount of horrible scratches. Even there Window Panel they sell seperate had scratches on it out of the box.

First off I said 'as far as I was aware' they only use screws, so get your facts right. It is stated in Kitguru's review that they use screws so that is what I was going off.

Secondly websites like Kitguru do give bad review scores, so I don't see your point on that either.

Thirdly it doesn't matter how well it was packed. If it gets thrown around by the carrier then it will get scratched/damaged. Scratches in paintwork don't happen by themselves.

32 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

First off I said 'as far as I was aware' they only use screws, so get your facts right. It is stated in Kitguru's review that they use screws so that is what I was going off.

Secondly websites like Kitguru do give bad review scores, so I don't see your point on that either.

Thirdly it doesn't matter how well it was packed. If it gets thrown around by the carrier then it will get scratched/damaged. Scratches in paintwork don't happen by themselves.

Ok, to not blame reviewers, in fact it could be that reviewers also get cherry picked products from Phanteks. Im not saying this must be true, but i could imagine. 

They are even scratches on the PSU cover which was screwed IN PLACE in the case. 

PSUCOVERr.jpg

And there wasnt anything that could had collide with it from inside while transit, Everything inside was TAPED to the case and wasnt able to move at all.

Im building alot of computers and used a whole lot of different cases over the years and if i compare that enthoo luxe's build quality and the materials beeing used with cheap bitfenix cases or any Coolermaster case ive worked with i can tell you it's mediocre at best. Its not as bad as a Xigmatec Asgard, but still not the quality i would expect from a 150€ case.

For me im currently looking for a new case, this enthoo luxe will be dumped into the next trashcan after ive found what i need. I still have 1year warranty and dont even want to invest my time getting used of it. I cant even sell it, i would feel bad for the poor guy buying it.

2 hours ago, DarkSmith2 said:

i like the looks of it, especially with "closed top". But its overpriced, most of it is plastic -.-

I agree xD

But I really like the aesthetic

How about something like this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/CN8Zxr/enermax-case-eca3280abr

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/RXrG3C/nzxt-case-phan001wt

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/BKW9TW/corsair-case-750d

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Energycore said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/CN8Zxr/enermax-case-eca3280abr -  dont like the look, quite kiddy lmao

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/RXrG3C/nzxt-case-phan001wt - the good old stormtrooper :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/BKW9TW/corsair-case-750d - eh huuuuuge monster tower. 

aesthetic whise: 

http://media.gamersnexus.net/media/k2/items/cache/00786b2042d15482dc0d2441908ad3ad_XL.jpg

^^

i do consider getting one of these or maybe an inwin 909, but airflow is a big negative with these.

Just now, DarkSmith2 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/CN8Zxr/enermax-case-eca3280abr -  dont like the look, quite kiddy lmao

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/RXrG3C/nzxt-case-phan001wt - the good old stormtrooper :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/BKW9TW/corsair-case-750d - eh huuuuuge monster tower. 

aestetic whise: 

http://media.gamersnexus.net/media/k2/items/cache/00786b2042d15482dc0d2441908ad3ad_XL.jpg

^^

i do consider getting one of these or maybe an inwin 909, but airflow is a big negative with these.

Inwin cases are gorgeous af :D

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Ok, to not blame reviewers, in fact it could be that reviewers also get cherry picked products from Phanteks. Im not saying this must be true, but i could imagine. 

They are even scratches on the PSU cover which was screwed IN PLACE in the case. 

PSUCOVERr.jpg

And there wasnt anything that could had collide with it from inside while transit, Everything inside was TAPED to the case and wasnt able to move at all.

Im building alot of computers and used a whole lot of different cases over the years and if i compare that enthoo luxe's build quality and the materials beeing used with cheap bitfenix cases or any Coolermaster case ive worked with i can tell you it's mediocre at best. Its not as bad as a Xigmatec Asgard, but still not the quality i would expect from a 150€ case.

For me im currently looking for a new case, this enthoo luxe will be dumped into the next trashcan after ive found what i need. I still have 1year warranty and dont even want to invest my time getting used of it. I cant even sell it, i would feel bad for the poor guy buying it.

Is it possible that the retailer could have sent you a 'b' grade case and passed it off as new ? The fact you have internal damage on the psu cover seems a bit strange.

Also if you still have a years warranty, why not get in touch with Phanteks ? They might send you some replacement panels. You could then sell it to recoup some money.

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

Is it possible that the retailer could have sent you a 'b' grade case and passed it off as new ? The fact you have internal damage on the psu cover seems a bit strange.

Also if you still have a years warranty, why not get in touch with Phanteks ? They might send you some replacement panels. You could then sell it to recoup some money.

Because i maybe would have to either transport the case to the reseller, or would have to send it to Phanteks, i dont have a drivers license and im not willing to pay shipping costs for either parts or a new case, neither i would transport it through half Berlin City, The case i own has too much shortcomings to be "an accident" ive lost faith in Phanteks and dont want to own this case anymore.

I dont think it was a "B" Grade case. I bought it from a really serious and accepted seller in Germany and the most really annoying things are noises which came over time. At the first two weeks there wasnt anything wrong with the case besides scratches. I bought it as a deal where you get 3x140mm of the same phanteks fans that come originally with this case in addition.

First thing i noticed was that the fans that originally came with the case havnt had rubber spacers nor sleeved cables, as the additional fans had. After  about 2weeks rattling/vibration noises started, driving me crazy. So in the thought of its being a problem because of the missing rubber spacers ive contacted the Phanteks support, and they had been really nice and send me those rubber spacers so i could tape them on the fans myself.

But using the spacers just made things worse, vibration extended to a new lvl and also the front panel started to randomly make cracking noises, So ive uninstalled most fans checking every single fan on its own for defects. I couldnt find a defect on any of these, non of them created rattling noise on its own and every one of these created case vibrations while being the only fan in the whole case mounted on top running at lowest speed and no matter how tight i screwed them or not. So my solution was to use the case without any fan installed on top, to not get strange vibration noises. But the cracking noise of the front panel never stopped after it firstly occured. If i take the front panel off, there is no cracking noise anymore. 

After a while the scratched window also began to produce a cracking noise i dont even know how this is possible, i carry the window side panel into the living room and place it to stand near to a wall, and it does make sound. I really dont know how something like this can happen.

So next thing is when i touch my case on the top (plastic part) it instantly makes cracking noise too. SO i guess the panel mountings are just bad and this could be fixed somehow with rubber/silicon or something. But would probably lead into another vibration issue due to the thin interior material with really bad architecture.

Im currently using it with a H110i GTX mounted on top and 2 Noctua industrial fans as pull (@800rpm). Works fine so far but front panel cracking and window sidepanel cracking is driving me crazy. I thought about modding it, using an acrylic window with magnetic tape as sidepanel and trying to fix the cracking noises by modding the frontpanel, replacing the loose rivet and so on. Something like this:

PhanteksEnthooLuxe018.jpg

But the more i think about it, i just want to destroy this case with a sledgehammer. As you might guess from the picture, im not the only one having the very same problems with this case :D

Do they not pay for the return postage in Germany if something arrives faulty ? In the UK if you receive a faulty/damaged item the seller has to pay the postage (Or refund it to you after).

I have a case which I hate (Bitfenix Raider) so I know partly how you feel, although my case isn't as expensive xD 

13 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Do they not pay for the return postage in Germany if something arrives faulty ? In the UK if you receive a faulty/damaged item the seller has to pay the postage (Or refund it to you after).

I have a case which I hate (Bitfenix Raider) so I know partly how you feel, although my case isn't as expensive xD 

I bought it in the store and carried it home very carefully on my own. I guess i would have to pay for shipment on my own after that amount of time im using it, it would be RMA. If i would had bought it on amazon i would had send it back to them to get my money back honestly :D

But for now, i just wanna buy something new, because shipping it back on my own costs wouldnt guarantee that they will take it back or give me an exchange, and even if they give me an exchange it could happen the same way again and would be a waste of money/time/effort :D. Modding would be the safest way to fix my problems, but this is even more money/time/effort >.< So much more that its easier to throw the enthoo luxe into a trashcan and buy something new.