Video Editor Upgrade

Hello everyone I am a professional video editor who works with multiple HD sources of footage at once and 4k footage on top of that. I'm looking for an upgrade to my current rig a huge upgrade. I do a lot of rendering and need something reliable for Preimere Pro, I'm also an audio engineer and need something good for Pro Tools. 

My current build consist of

amd phenom ii X4 965 3.40GHZ - crappy stock cooler

16gb corsair vengeance ddr3 ram (I also have 2 x 4gb of corsair ram laying around) 

A not so great MSI motherboard (need to upgrade) 

NVIDIA GTX 680 1gb

3tb (dying)  HHD,  1tb HDD working drive,  120gb HDD. 

Cooler Master Elite 430 mid tower 

I'd like suggestions on what I should upgrade first, but I'd like to basically build a whole new computer with a lot of drive cases and enough horsepower to run a dual monitor 4k setup and try to spend under $1000. I also need it to run quickly for audio purposes so water cooling is proffered. I need a big update on performance quickly.  Any suggestions? 

'I also need it to run quickly for audio purposes so water cooling is proffered'. I'll assume you mean you need it to run quietly? AIO liquid coolers aren't going to be as quiet as air coolers for most of the time, and given how your budget is only $1000, it's better to go for an air cooler with less points of failure.

If you were to reuse the RAM, you could get a quad core hyperthreaded system with a GTX 980Ti for CUDA GPU acceleration (which IIRC, is hugely beneficial in Premiere Pro):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($90.62 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($60.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($369.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.95 @ Directron) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1006.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-23 07:47 EDT-0400

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder