Tips on finding 1060 in stock at MSRP?

nosirrah123

Right now I have all the parts to build my PC other than the GPU. I'm gonna be going for the 1060 since I prefer Nvidia features (so don't try to talk me into a 480) but I can't find it in stock anywhere. I've signed up for Newegg's stock alert but I have no idea how long that will take. I'm wondering if anybody here knows any tips for finding these things in stock.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

4 minutes ago, nosirrah123 said:

Right now I have all the parts to build my PC other than the GPU. I'm gonna be going for the 1060 since I prefer Nvidia features (so don't try to talk me into a 480) but I can't find it in stock anywhere. I've signed up for Newegg's stock alert but I have no idea how long that will take. I'm wondering if anybody here knows any tips for finding these things in stock.

Found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125881

But for msrp? eh just keep hunting

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

Just now, swordsman247 said:

At that point I might as well go buy one of those GTX 480s that are selling for 250

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

5 minutes ago, nosirrah123 said:

since I prefer Nvidia features

Well....like what?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

Well....like what?

Shadowplay, better performance without APIs, multi-projection looks cool, Shield, and running more quietly.

9 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

Found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125881

But for msrp? eh just keep hunting

Close enough

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Just now, RuLeZ said:

Close enough

sarcasm?

Just now, nosirrah123 said:

sarcasm?

Yes, if you want GTX 1060 for 249 you probably will have to wait.. a lot, no less than 2 months I believe, but lets see. Personally I would go for RX 480, this "features" of nvidia are mostly not that important.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

8 minutes ago, nosirrah123 said:

Shadowplay, better performance without APIs, multi-projection looks cool, Shield, and running more quietly.

They have GVR or is it Play.tv now...in any case it does the same thing for GPU acceleration, although I'd suggest you use OBS anyways if you have the CPU horsepower for better quality footage
http://raptr.com/TinyDino/news/53d6730c16b46f0af3/introducing-gvr-and-instant-replays-capture-and-share-gameplay-video-with-nearly-no-performance-impact-

The 1060 on average is about 10-15% faster in DX11

multi-projection has to be used in a game by game basis and is probably only going to be found in VR titles, and a 1060 can't power triple 1080p display gaming anyways, that's nearly 4k resolution levels of performance

Do you have a shield? because it seems like they've pretty much abandoned the shield.

Far as running quietly that's what after market cards are for.

and It is faster now yes, but if you're looking for the best value that would be the 4GB 480 at $199, plus most games in the future will be DX12/Vulkan, but ya, the 1060 isn't too bad a buy I guess overall if you just want what's the fastest now

but in any case, just check now in stock constantly
http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1060/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, nosirrah123 said:

At that point I might as well go buy one of those GTX 480s that are selling for 250

Yeah pretty much. It's just too new and shiny everybody wants one.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

17 minutes ago, nosirrah123 said:

OBS

Performance without APIs? Such a thing does not exist

I have no views on the matter

Shields are nice if you can afford them but I generally don't see the value

That's what the Nitro 480 is for. 260$ and the base clock of that is 100MHz higher than the boost clock of the 480. (putting it past the 1060)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

30 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

OBS

Performance without APIs? Such a thing does not exist

I have no views on the matter

Shields are nice if you can afford them but I generally don't see the value

That's what the Nitro 480 is for. 260$ and the base clock of that is 100MHz higher than the boost clock of the 480. (putting it past the 1060)

Screw the Nitro, the Devil card is pretty sweet

Too expensive for a 480 though
http://videocardz.com/62489/powercolor-announces-radeon-rx-480-red-devil-for-269-usd

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Screw the Nitro, the Devil card is pretty sweet

Too expensive for a 480 though
http://videocardz.com/62489/powercolor-announces-radeon-rx-480-red-devil-for-269-usd

I like the detachable fans on the Nitro. Makes repairs a LOT easier

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

44 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

-snip-

54 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

-snip

Tbh I was teetering between RX480 and 1060, I'll probably just go for whichever one I can get first. Thanks for the link!

Just now, nosirrah123 said:

Tbh I was teetering between RX480 and 1060, I'll probably just go for whichever one I can get first.

If the 1060 and RX 480 are the same price - 1060. If the 1060 is 40$ or higher expensive than the 480, then get the 480. 20% extra money for 10% extra performance is dumb.

You had to buy them at launch today, lots of GTX 1060s were going for 249 or 259 with decent coolers.

The best I could find now is this, it might be worth it for you.

If not you just have to wait for restocks.

1 hour ago, nosirrah123 said:

Shadowplay

AMD has an equivalent or you can set up OBS

better performance without APIs,

What? A GPU can't do 3D Graphics without an API

and running more quietly

OK this one is straight up bullshit; the notse levels of a partner card are entirely dependent on said partner. The gap on performance / watt (the reason why last gen was so hot) has closed up incredibly.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

6 hours ago, nosirrah123 said:

Tbh I was teetering between RX480 and 1060, I'll probably just go for whichever one I can get first. Thanks for the link!

Also minor addition is crossfire with the 480 potentially, and cheaper free-sync displays

Otherwise here's a review for the Nitro 4gb version, manages to about match a stock 1060
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3098825/components-graphics/sapphire-nitro-rx-480-review-polaris-rethought-and-refined.html

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Energycore said:

AMD has an equivalent or you can set up OBS

What? A GPU can't do 3D Graphics without an API

OK this one is straight up bullshit; the notse levels of a partner card are entirely dependent on said partner. The gap on performance / watt (the reason why last gen was so hot) has closed up incredibly.

I assumed that you guys would realize that by APIs I just meant DirectX 12 and Vulcan, I'm sorry if that wasn't clear

I got a Zotac 1060 mini yesterday from Amazon at the msrp of $249. It literally was the last one. Just this morning, I saw a 1060 available at Newegg for $289. I can't recall which one it was, though.

Lian-li O11-Dynamic | i7-11700K |  MSI Z590 MAG Tomahawk | 64gb Ripjaws 3200MHz | 1tb Nvme SSD + 6tb HDD RAID | Corsair H115i Cooler | EVGA 850BQ PSU | RTX 3080ti TUF | LG C2 65" & Acer Nitro XV340CK Monitor

Spoiler