Xperia Z1 earpiece - just me?

Darkfeign
Go to solution Solved by pcman2000,

Don't have a Z1, but I have a Z Ultra with a (presumably) similar earpiece and notification LED design. Here are some macro photos of mine.

Notification LED

kIYgwlI.jpg

Earpiece macro

xIJrBFx.jpg

Phone w/ location of LED and earpiece

v3zWKuu.jpg

Hey guys, for anyone with an Xperia Z1 out there I'm just wondering if I'm alone here.

I've had the phone for about a week now and the notification light/earpiece looks dirty. I think it's always kind of looked like that though so I just want to know if this is the norm? If not I really need to check that my phone arrived brand new and not just refurbished but I figured as I got it last week, it was too new to have been a refurbished model.

All I can describe is that the corners of the notification LED are darker looking and when you look inside, it looks a little dirty, but I'm not going to start trying to clean it out if it's just a cover for the earpiece as part of the waterproofing?

Any help is much appreciated.

Don't have a Z1, but I have a Z Ultra with a (presumably) similar earpiece and notification LED design. Here are some macro photos of mine.

Notification LED

kIYgwlI.jpg

Earpiece macro

xIJrBFx.jpg

Phone w/ location of LED and earpiece

v3zWKuu.jpg

I need more SSDs.

Thanks for the help. I think it might just need a clean out. Maybe the pocket lint got to it early.