Second hand LGA1150 CPU for gaming?

So, I wanna upgrade my CPU from an I3-4160 to any other CPU that is significantly better (using the same socket). Some might say that second hand CPU's are not worth it, but I'm willing to take the risk as it is so much cheaper than getting a whole new motherboard, RAM and CPU for a new socket (I don't want to invest in an expensive new CPU for an old socket if possible, only if it's a noticeable difference in price/quality ratio, which it isn't in most cases). I use an OC'ed 960, so bottlenecking isn't the problem for now, just an upgrade for future use (probably the upcoming year to two years) and the PC is used mostly for gaming, so the CPU should be aimed at gaming performance. What second hand CPU would be a good option for me?

(BTW, linking probably won't help me that much, as I'll use a dutch site to buy the second hand CPU from).

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Just now, TheRandomness said:

i5-4460 or i7-3790.

i5 for gaming tho.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

19 minutes ago, Entertijnment said:

So, I wanna upgrade my CPU from an I3-4160 to any other CPU that is significantly better (using the same socket). Some might say that second hand CPU's are not worth it, but I'm willing to take the risk as it is so much cheaper than getting a whole new motherboard, RAM and CPU for a new socket (I don't want to invest in an expensive new CPU for an old socket if possible, only if it's a noticeable difference in price/quality ratio, which it isn't in most cases). I use an OC'ed 960, so bottlenecking isn't the problem for now, just an upgrade for future use (probably the upcoming year to two years) and the PC is used mostly for gaming, so the CPU should be aimed at gaming performance. What second hand CPU would be a good option for me?

(BTW, linking probably won't help me that much, as I'll use a dutch site to buy the second hand CPU from).

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Was Trying To Help, Nevermind.

5 minutes ago, waynedud3 said:

looking for a good i5-4460 and i7-3790 on ebay, when found I will link here. 

Uh, no you won't (if you don't want to get reported).

According to the community standards,

No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material

• eBay/trading sites
  • Referral links
  • Personal websites or businesses
  • Twitch/YouTube links are only allowed in user profile status updates

17 minutes ago, Entertijnment said:

Thanks in advance,

Martin

If it's only for the next couple of years then i'm sure the i5-4460 will serve you well. What sort of games are you playing?

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Just now, waynedud3 said:

Just trying to help, once again.

Well I'm just trying to help keep you out of trouble;). Sorry if it sounded mean.

5 minutes ago, JFischer00 said:

Well I'm just trying to help keep you out of trouble;). Sorry if it sounded mean.

Yeah, thanks! It didn't sound mean.

22 minutes ago, BigChimp97 said:

If it's only for the next couple of years then i'm sure the i5-4460 will serve you well. What sort of games are you playing?

Pretty much everything, from DayZ to Battlefield 4 to PES16. Just assume I want a CPU good enough to not bottleneck a 970 or something in those lines.

Just now, Entertijnment said:

Pretty much everything, from DayZ to Battlefield 4 to PES16. Just assume I want a CPU good enough to not bottleneck a 970 or something in those lines.

PES16 would play the same on most CPU's i would of thought. Its when you start playing games like DayZ or modified Skyrim where you will run into issues with slower CPU's, at that point most CPU's would be the bottleneck. If you are wanting to play anything and everything until your 970 becomes the bottleneck then get the i5-4690k (if you can)

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic