Ping spikes on laptop

code3

Hello everybody, today i was playing league of legends with my brother and he kept getting ping spikes while i didnt. Im using a pc with an adapter and he's using an acer laptop. He uses an adapter cause there is some interference around and wanted to get on the 5ghz spectrum. We pretty much sit in the same location and use the same adapter. After hearing him complain enough i tried to help him. Using the integrated wifi we got ping spikes using the wifi adapter, ping spikes. So then i gave him my adapter and ping spikes. I also tried his adapter on my computer, and i got nothing. Is this an internal thing with his computer? Virus? Any help is appreciated!

10 minutes ago, code3 said:

Hello everybody, today i was playing league of legends with my brother and he kept getting ping spikes while i didnt. Im using a pc with an adapter and he's using an acer laptop. He uses an adapter cause there is some interference around and wanted to get on the 5ghz spectrum. We pretty much sit in the same location and use the same adapter. After hearing him complain enough i tried to help him. Using the integrated wifi we got ping spikes using the wifi adapter, ping spikes. So then i gave him my adapter and ping spikes. I also tried his adapter on my computer, and i got nothing. Is this an internal thing with his computer? Virus? Any help is appreciated!

What router do you have? Newer router's balance bandwith depending on what the pc needs more. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

1 minute ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

What router do you have? Newer router's balance bandwith depending on what the pc needs more. 

Ughhh something from shaw they gave us a motorola, i dont think its related though because everything was fine yesterday and for the past few weeks

K it seems to be working again after like 5 restarts, will come back if this happens again.

31 minutes ago, code3 said:

K it seems to be working again after like 5 restarts, will come back if this happens again.

When/if this happens again, be sure to restart your router!