Original Apple iPhone unveiling could have been a disaster

qwertywarrior

the software in the Wi-Fi radio packed into the unit that Steve Jobs would introduce to the world, was unstable.
Even though AT&T had brought in a portable cell tower for the event, Steve Jobs had the iPhone that he would use in the unveiling, programmed to always show 5 bars of signal strength regardless of what the true reading was.
Andy Grignon, the senior engineer responsible for the radios in the phone, was so nervous about the event that he packed on 50 pounds in the weeks before the launch.
In case the unit he was working with ran out of memory, Apple's CEO had a few other units with him on stage that he could instantly switch to.
The challenge for Steve Jobs was to show a smooth running phone at the unveiling, make the public drool now

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Original-Apple-iPhone-unveiling-could-have-been-a-disaster_id48005

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I've not actually heard about this until now but apparently this is old news according to some people.

In Saturday's New York Times, there are some excerpts from an upcoming book entitled Dogfight: How Apple and Google Went to War and Started a Revolution

it comes from an unreleased book.

i wonder hwere he got the info from

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Imagine if something went wrong with the phone during that reveal. Apple's future would have turned around COMPLETELY! I think the mobile phone industry would be MUCH different.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Thankfully it all went well and we are enjoying mobile phones like never before! I remember Snake was the only worthwhile Nokia game before IPhone.. and look where Nokia is now

Imagine if something went wrong with the phone during that reveal. Apple's future would have turned around COMPLETELY! I think the mobile phone industry would be MUCH different.

we would have less lawsuits

Products are never in their finished state when presented for the first time, I don't get how this is news.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

we would have less lawsuits

Much different in both good and bad ways ;)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

What a guy.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

do you mean that guy who gained 50 pounds?

Both of them

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Not very surprising seeing as it is one of the very few devices they announced very far in advance, almost half a year I believe.

Products are never in their finished state when presented for the first time, I don't get how this is news.