Best free HTML software

Hamish.R

Im just looking to make a webpage and Im looking for a good, free html software.

Notepad? 

/sublime, notepad++

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Notepad? 

/sublime, notepad++

notepad is a bit basic but ill check out sublime

Just now, WaxyMaxy said:

Vim, Visual Studio Code, Atom, Brackets, Komodo, notepad++

Differences/recommendations between them?

Just now, Hamish.R said:

Differences/recommendations between them?

Vim is not a normal modern text editor. Vim is very difficult to use compared to most text editors, but if you put the time in to learn it, you get to be very efficient.

The others are standard text editors. I recommend you try Atom and Visual Studio Code, both have great plugin systems. In my experience Visual Studio Code is much faster than atom. If you open a large file in Atom there can be a noticeable  delay before the syntax highlights. To be fair its been a while since I have tried Atom.

Brackets, Komodo, and N++ are all good standard editors. N++ has a fast and reliable find and replace engine which is handy.

In order of personal preference for me its Vim>Visual Studio Code>Notepad++

If you don't want to learn Vim (very likely) I would suggest Visual Studio Code, for its speed and how easy it is to add functionality with the great extension system.

Since these are all free, give them each a try and see which one you like the most.

2 hours ago, WaxyMaxy said:

Vim is not a normal modern text editor. Vim is very difficult to use compared to most text editors, but if you put the time in to learn it, you get to be very efficient.

The others are standard text editors. I recommend you try Atom and Visual Studio Code, both have great plugin systems. In my experience Visual Studio Code is much faster than atom. If you open a large file in Atom there can be a noticeable  delay before the syntax highlights. To be fair its been a while since I have tried Atom.

Brackets, Komodo, and N++ are all good standard editors. N++ has a fast and reliable find and replace engine which is handy.

In order of personal preference for me its Vim>Visual Studio Code>Notepad++

If you don't want to learn Vim (very likely) I would suggest Visual Studio Code, for its speed and how easy it is to add functionality with the great extension system.

Since these are all free, give them each a try and see which one you like the most.

Thank you very much :)

i personally use notepad++ to code stuff in html/php

and to replace notepad :)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 hours ago, Hamish.R said:

Im just looking to make a webpage and Im looking for a good, free html software.

In Windows you can use notepad. Or if you are really hardcore, you can use the Type and Copy Con commands in the Command Prompt (just remember that Copy Con inserts lines at the beginning of the file only, so you have to write your stuff from bottom to top).

If you are using linux you can use notepadqq (an exact copy of notepad++), or if you're really cool you can just use vim in the command line.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

If you're on windows Notepad++, for mac TextWrangler, Linux I'd go with Vim, or Nano if you only want to do basic stuff.

Brackets. It is pretty great for web design and front-end stuff.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Notepadd++ is simple, free and works for many languages.  However, it's not an IDE.  It will color certain parts of your code, like variable types or HTML tag, assuming you have the correct language selected - but it will not help correct mistakes in code.  I do like N++ for HTML because it's fairly lightweight and lag-free with quick load times.

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

Aptana studio 3 is good... It's sorta like eclipse but designed for web languages. As well as this it also has integrated FTP uploading to your web server which I find useful.

Sublime Text 3, is da best editor ever :P

I mainly use Windows but I was forced to work on a Mac for a while. Up to that process, I switched from GVim over Sublime Text to GNU Emacs and I don't miss a thing (except, maybe, Sublime's killer feature GoTo Anything). Especially when combined with Emacs's web-mode package, it's pretty much the best editor you could have.

Admittedly, it's C-x C-s instead of C-s for saving your stuff. So what? ;) 

Write in C.