Random pc reboot while gaming

Ramonman

Hello, a few weeks ago i started having problems while gaming. Was playing and my computer just rebooted itself out of nowhere. I didn’t make a big deal out of it but in the next few days it kept happening. My computer was a mess anyway so I decided to clean install windows 10 again.

So clean install, drivers up to date and ready to go. But it happened again, so I filmed my screen while gaming with HWmonitor… when the computer crashed this was the result: 

13730752_10207510934543909_1203219342_o.png

As you can see, max temp over the system was 69°C so no overheating or something like it. One of the weird thing to, the crashes happen randomly so like sometimes I am 15min in the game, other time I am 1 hour in the game.

PC specs:
-    I7-4790K
-    8GB ddr3 ram
-    MSI Gaming GTX 970
-    MSI pc mate z97
-    Power supply 550W

Anyone who can help me?

greetz,
Arno

I had the same problem.

it was caused by a broken psu and my motherboard was broke a bit to.

It even got so worse that my whole pc would just go in a reeboting circel.

But you should check that first ^^.

greetings,

Lars 

1 minute ago, zehao39 said:

may be you can try clean the ram.

wtf xD the ram doesnt cause a reebot at all time and 8 gb ddr3 ram are more than enough.

I'm thinking faulty PSU. Ether not enough power or inconsistent power. Is anything overclocked?

Just now, Lars1024 said:

wtf xD the ram doesnt cause a reebot at all time and 8 gb ddr3 ram are more than enough.

no. I am talk about the dust can be between the ram and the sockets. It may cause the reboot. It is just a guess

3 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

may be you can try clean the ram.

yeah but the it doesnt make sence that his computer can run stable for like 1 hour and then just reebot it has to be constant reebot then.

17 minutes ago, Lars1024 said:

I had the same problem.

it was caused by a broken psu and my motherboard was broke a bit to.

It even got so worse that my whole pc would just go in a reeboting circel.

But you should check that first ^^.

greetings,

Lars 

I hope it’s not, any way to monitor this?

12 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I'm thinking faulty PSU. Ether not enough power or inconsistent power. Is anything overclocked?

No, never overclocked Anything yet. How can i know it's my PSU?

10 minutes ago, Lars1024 said:

yeah but the it doesnt make sence that his computer can run stable for like 1 hour and then just reebot it has to be constant reebot then.

Just took some more test. Its goes allot faster now.. was playing BF4 settings where on normal and was changing it to ultra and it rebooted.

edit: also, when not gaming it runs just fine no reboot at all.

Just now, Ramonman said:

I hope it’s not, any way to monitor this?

Just took some more test. Its goes allot faster now.. was playing BF4 settings where on normal and was changing it to ultra and it rebooted.

Hm i dont know a way to look it up but a broken psu can give not enought power at some points which causes a reebot it can get worse and is a serius problem because if it is really broken it can take every part of youre computer with it. You can check the contacts against the given specs of the psu

3 minutes ago, Ramonman said:

By plugging in another PSU of similar or higher voltage and going through the same tests. Who's the manufacturer of the PSU?

Just now, Windows7ge said:

By plugging in another PSU of similar or higher voltage and going through the same tests. Who's the manufacturer of the PSU?

Not everyone owns a second psu so he might has to ask his friends

3 minutes ago, Lars1024 said:

Not everyone owns a second psu so he might has to ask his friends

I did consider that was very likely the case. Alternatively he could try reseating the power connectors. There's an off chance it's just a bad connection that gets worse when the computer heats up.

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

It's a Cooler Master G550M, this is the link:

https://www.afuture.nl/product/1049141/cooler-master-gm-series-g550m-550w

I sould ask if i can use one of a friend. If he will let me to.

I just don’t understand. When i am browsing the web or anything like it everything works fine. The moment I open up a game even when the CPU and GPU isn’t working hard it reboots.

Just now, Ramonman said:

It's a Cooler Master G550M, this is the link:

https://www.afuture.nl/product/1049141/cooler-master-gm-series-g550m-550w

I sould ask if i can use one of a friend. If he will let me to.

80+ certified, good reviews on Newegg. Cooler Master is reputable. Hmm...I'd still try reseating connectors like the 20+4 pin, 8-pin CPU & any GPU power connectors. If that doesn't help it's less likely but could possibly be driver related. If not I'd start switching out hardware starting with the GPU if you have older hardware around.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

80+ certified, good reviews on Newegg. Cooler Master is reputable. Hmm...I'd still try reseating connectors like the 20+4 pin, 8-pin CPU & any GPU power connectors. If that doesn't help it's less likely but could possibly be driver related. If not I'd start switching out hardware starting with the GPU if you have older hardware around.

I got a cooler master 600W which was broken as i build it in ^^

Just now, Lars1024 said:

I got a cooler master 600W which was broken as i build it in ^^

*sigh* There's no such thing as perfect in this world. Even the greatest/highest quality of computer parts can arrive DOA. At least he didn't say something like RAIDMAX, or...I forget the other one but it has a picture of a bird in the logo.

Swapping the PSU with the one from my friends PC will be for next weekend. So until than i can't test annything. When i swapped/tested with the other PSU i let you know how it went.